Any knowledge / insight / info on DMP panels?

Back before DS (Detection Systems) was purchased by Bosch, DS bought Radionics. Some of the Engineers didn't like the change and went to work for DMP. Just after that (cira 1998) DMP came out with all kinds of module that used addressable Radionics Poppit modules, and kits to retro a DMP board into a Radionics enclosure....ect Hmmmmm.....very coincidental, several lawsuits insued. DMP tried to make their own Poppit version (711) which for lack of a better term, still suck! Since then most Radionics/Bosch Dealers really don't like DMP.

DMP is associated somehow with Atlas Alarm based somewhere out of Missouri.

formatting link
Anyway they aren't too highly regarded in the alarm industry, they always have grandeous announcements about the product, like... it can do anything anyone else can but even than imagination! it makes toast, it installs itself, it can outperform the latest Intel Xenon 8 core processor, it'll pick your kids up from school too! The engineering, product and marketing is powered by pure Unobtainuim.

(P.S. I installed that @#$%& for a dealer a few years ago, the company that bought him is still replacing it out and starting a lucritive boat anchor division.)

As far as the Bosch/Radionics comments go, to each his own. I've found the Radionics product very dependable and durable if correctly installed. Their primarily market is geared towards commercial and industrial applications, not residential. Next time you goto the biggest retailer in the world AKA Walmart check out the Radionics keypads on the wall.

Most dealer with a conscience will give you the lock code or unlock the panel for you by request. You paid for it, you should be able to choose your service provider, unless they have you locked into a 5yr monitoring contract, even then you can pay the penalty and use whomever you want to.

Reply to
karljacoboski
Loading thread data ...

You trash DMP, but support Radionics ........ Identical twins.

Talk about logic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Jim

Atlas came first, when they couldn't find equipment to suit their needs Rick Britton designed his own stuff for their use, then other people wanted to use it...became DMP.

DMP had addressable stuff LONG before 98 --- DMP & Radx were similar long before that due to failed merger I believe.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

So? Check Wells Fargo banks they all use DMP and have been since...sheesh...as long as I can remember.

You info about DMP is short of true. The 711 module has been around as long as Radx's popits and the 711 and the other expansion modules work fine and are easier program.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Not really, Radionics panels are far above anything I've seen with DMP, they are nothing alike

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.