Westec 760/Keypad problem?

Any recommendations where I can get a new Keypad for Westec security system 760 (circa 1975). I'm having a problem with the Emergency/ Panic alarm going off spontaneously and it's been suggested the pad is the culprit (but it is no longer being made). Any suggestions as to the cause and the solution?

Thanks! Kit

Reply to
jstrull
Loading thread data ...

An Antique store perhaps?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Try these guys, if they're still around

OFA

209 847 2802
Reply to
Jim

Just left a message for "Roy". Thx. Any other suggestions welcome.

Reply to
jstrull

I would say its time to get a new system, that one is very, very old and a new system should be much more secure, and have more features.

Plus, its probably going to have more faults in time, as the electronics in it are getting very old now....

Reply to
Ken

Thanks for the tip. I'm sure you're right. Just trying to delay the inevitable as long as I can.

Reply to
jstrull

You already have :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I don't see how an "old system" would be any "more secure" than a new one given components of equal type and quality. There are still plenty of panels out there that are still goin' strong. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. This guy needs a new keypad. If he can source one without having to replace the entire system, then good on him.

Reply to
Frank Olson

tions welcome.

Down time is less secure. More frequent failures is less secure. The fact that you know it's demise is close and inevitable is not achieving the peace of mind one would have with a newer system.

I think that... all sumed up .... equals .......... less secure.

Reply to
Jim

Hmmm... can't argue with you on any of these points when you sum the all up like that, however, you have to keep in mind that keypads are one of the "weak links" in any system (considering some of the abuse they take). Replacing a whole system because a keypad is on the fritz isn't the criteria I would normally use to justify upgrading a customer to a "newer system". We usually try to source a replacement (at a reasonable price) and only when that's not possible is it time to change the control.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.