online DMP dealers?

I'm looking to buy an additional DMP keypad for my home DMP system. Specifically, I am looking for either the DMP Thinline 7070 (4 zones) or 7073 (4 zones + proximity & strike relay).

After googling and poking around at some of the usual online alarm stores, I wasn't able to find any dealers advertising DMP keypads (except for one company that also required buying "service time")

So, does anybody know of any competitively priced online DMP dealers?

Thanks!

Reply to
blueman
Loading thread data ...

That aint gonna happen.

Reply to
West Alarm

DMP uses a proprietary distribution scheme.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Excuse my ignorance, but what does that mean? Is it impossible for a consumer to buy DMP parts?

Reply to
blueman

yes.

Reply to
West Alarm

Wow - I wish I knew that 2 years ago before I committed to a DMP system...

Reply to
blueman

That begs the question how you "committed to a DMP" system in the first place

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Well, the installer/service company recommended the system. Also, when I did a sanity check by googling for other peoples' experiences and even posting the proposal here on this newsgroup, the general response was that DMP was high end and one of the best...

Nobody, however, mentioned the restrictive dealer situation...

Reply to
blueman

Can you buy Ferrari parts from AutoZone? Or try and buy Klipsch or high end Polk speakers from a non-auth dealer.

| > > > >Is it impossible for a consumer to buy DMP parts? | > > >

| > > >

| > > > yes. | > >

| > > Wow - I wish I knew that 2 years ago before I committed to a DMP | > > system... | >

| > That begs the question how you "committed to a DMP" system in the first | > place | | Well, the installer/service company recommended the system. Also, when I | did a sanity check by googling for other peoples' experiences and even | posting the proposal here on this newsgroup, the general response was | that DMP was high end and one of the best... | | Nobody, however, mentioned the restrictive dealer situation...

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yes, but I believe that I can buy Ferrari parts from a Ferrari dealer. The other posters seemed to be implying that a consumer cannot buy parts *period*. I can understand if they want to limit their dealer network, I was just asking where I could buy an additional keypad.

Reply to
blueman

Reply to
Roland Moore

From a DMP dealer only. Most dealers really aren't interested in just selling parts.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

if you want to diy you picked the wrong system.. why not go through your dealer? are you having problems with them?

Reply to
Barney

Do you know if you even can add a keypad to your system? There's some programming to be done and there are limitations on how many keypad addresses and device addresses are being used with what keypad.

What panel? How many keypads now? How many and what device addresses are currently in use?

Depending on your answers, you may not even be able to add one.

| | Yes, but I believe that I can buy Ferrari parts from a Ferrari | dealer. The other posters seemed to be implying that a consumer cannot | buy parts *period*. I can understand if they want to limit their | dealer network, I was just asking where I could buy an additional | keypad.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

DMP is an over rated closed system. Make sure your monitoring contract does not automatically renew and terminate it. Get a several more ethical company to come in and give you bids on replacing it with a more open system with better support, pricing, and features.

Reply to
Steve

Wow, great advice. Time to get rid of that crappy DMP system. What would you suggest, Radio Shack? js

Reply to
alarman

The OP has indicated a DYI bent so Napco or DSC would be a better place for him to be than DMP.

Reply to
Steve

Perhaps, but you inferred that his alarmco was unethical for using DMP, and was somehow cheaing him by using proprietary equipment. js

Reply to
alarman

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Clearly the OP had no idea he was buying a closed system that he could not touch. It is clearly the responsibility of the installer to make that clear to the purchaser.

Reply to
Steve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.