DMP Who?

I wonder if DMP knows there products are being sold online??? Check this out

formatting link
... Next summer the door-to-door kids will probably be selling and installing it, smooth move DMP, there's nothing like selling your crap in K-Mart..........

Reply to
Russell Brill
Loading thread data ...

BTW: Yes, this ticks me off... DMP won't even return my phone calls... I guess I need to open an online store to attract their attention... :-o

Reply to
Russell Brill

I doubt if DMP even makes that. looks like it's made in China. You can usually tell by the low variety of sensors offered.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

Hi Jim,

It's on DMP's website too..........

Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

That doesn't mean anything. I have been seeing alot of this type of trash on eBay.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

$600 !! No thanks.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Looks like DMP stuff. Who cares who makes it. They are devaluing the little bit gained by installing a "proprietary" name. If I was one of their dealers I would be pissed. I'm sure glad I never bought into that. Yeah, I know. Napco, DSC, Ademco, etc are all sold on-line, but they never made any false promises either.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

out

formatting link
... Next summer the door-to-door kids will probably be selling and

Interesting, didn't know they came out with an all-in-one system

Reply to
mleuck

out

formatting link

It looks like this is the intended purpose of that particular system, small panel with a wireless keypad. It's a huge potential market that any alarm manufacturer would love to have a piece of. And it's not like they are selling the higher end panels this way

Last I checked the primary purpose of any business is to make money, without that nothing else is possible

Reply to
mleuck

s out

formatting link

RHC: Yeah, this seems to be a growing market all right. DSC has their Alexor and now DMP has their all in one.

I had occasion to install a DSC Alexor panel in a home where there were simply no other options available (had to be a wireless keypad). It worked well, and is reasonable in price assuming you have a very few points needing coverage. If however, you can wire the keypad then conventional hybrid systems made by DSC, Paradox or a host of other companies offer a better solution at less cost (IMO).

Dunno how it is where you are but around here the summer brings out hoards of students selling security systems door to door by GE (for one), two doors and a motion for $49.95 monthly, three year contract, free installation etc. Same old situation, same old problems.....

I gave up years ago concerning myself unduly about this amateur stuff. You get what you pay for ....maybe. Doesnt affect me the slightest....

Reply to
tourman

s out

formatting link

Really? I thought it was for the purpose of helping people and making them safe and secure? And fer sure I know it's NOT for trying to provide you with a good income for your retirement years. I could have sworn that the idea was to give your customers your time services and parts for only as much money as it takes to keep your business running. This way you get twice as many customers as the competition and by economy of scale, when you're making more money ....... THAT's when you lower your prices even MORE! Damn! Ya mean I've been doing it wrong all this time?

Reply to
Jim

his out

formatting link

I've been saying it for years. Those kind of customers were never mine to begin with. Maybe someday in the future, when they've learned their lesson, they might qualify.

Reply to
Jim

out

formatting link

I saw that a few weeks ago. Weird. What happened Russ, I thought you were using DMP?

Reply to
jackcsg

I saw that a few weeks ago. Weird. What happened Russ, I thought you were using DMP?

Nope, they would never talk to me... They claim to have some exclusive agreement with another company in the Sacramento area... If I want to install their stuff, I guess I'll just have to order off of E-Bay or from the Home Security Store........ So much for their exclusive agreement, any homeowner in Sac can buy it off the Internet, but the local alarm dealers can't buy it from DMP... I'll stick with Honeywell for now......

Reply to
Russell Brill

I guess I would understand that marketing concept if the product was a major step up from all the others but from what I've seen it isn't

Reply to
mleuck

I think in the low end residential market; that's a fair statement. However, in the Commercial Arena: nothing can touch it. (XR-500N) I did two Vista 21IP Installs about a week ago; nice little panel. I'm still fond of things "Made in the USA".

Reply to
jackcsg

out

formatting link
> > > ... Next summer the door-to-door kids will probably be selling and

What's special about the XR-500N?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

m...

I just did 5 large production plants out in Indiana. Access Control, Fire, Security, IP Door Intercoms, plant wide paging (with voice announcement of each event)(40 preprogrammed messages), Network Cameras, and NVR, all functioning in harmony with an XR-500N. Inputs and Outputs; nothing else compares. All controlled remotely through an Internet connection; and locally through software. The largest plant I did has 370 points, and I'm using around 160 outputs off the panel. Trust me; it's special...

Reply to
jackcsg

:

com...

e:

Long time ago (70's) , in another life, I used to spec jobs like that, mostly fire and securty, as access control didn't exist. Equipment was a lot, LOT less sophisticated than now, of course. No electronics, all relays. I enjoyed the research, drawing and lay out part of those jobs, but dealing with the unions, and management people was the hard work ( for me, anyway) Just never could get past taking the uneducated criticisim of those jerks personal.

We only had exposed bells for fire systems back then, no horns or strobes. The all time dumbest question I think I was ever asked was .... do the bells come in different colors?

Reply to
Jim

te:

s.com...

ote:

It's funny because one the leading components of the sale, was the ability to announce which door a visitor was at. The guys were ordering food late at night, and the delivery person had a hard time communicating they were on site. It's also funny you mention fire bells; I was just at a home that had a sprinkler system, and the homeowner planted ivy which grew up all around the bell, and basically rendered it useless. She said she did that because it was red and ugly. The previous alarm company ran a wire to the flow and tamper, but never tied it in. It's been that way for 5 years. Most of the Plants I did, stole the 110 of the sprinkler circuit, to place outlets near the risers so they could put heat strips on the pipes so they wouldn't freeze. One plant had 17 risers; with virtually no notification. Priceless. Most of them had no tampers on the shut off valves as well. Of which about half were closed. Job security...

Reply to
jackcsg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.