Any knowledge / insight / info on DMP panels?

That' s because you can only catch lizards in dry stream beds and fishing during a flash flood is too dangerous.

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

Well depending on the time of year Ican probably put you on some fish. I just took second fishing solo in a Pro/Am draw team tournament today. I did get big fish of the day. Sadly I missed 1st place by 0.01 pounds.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Actually, I mostly fish tournament style and no consumable alcohol is allowed in your boat in a tournament. On the rare occasions when I take a buddy cat fishing we might take some beer, but if I am driving I do not drink.

>
Reply to
Bob La Londe

They did if ADI was their main supplier. Napco fired them as a distributor several years ago.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

A Napco RP1CAe2 keypad has a full function 4 zone expander built into the keypad for about the same price as other manufacturers provide a similar keypad with one or zero zones at the keypad.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I just installed a PC1832 in a takeover. They had wireless and some keypads so didn't want to go the expense of changing to Napco. Anyway. I found it pretty easy to install, but kind of cludgy the way they address keypads and wireless devices/zones. Maybe just because I am so used to the way that Napco does it.

Anyway, it wasn't bad and did the job.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

According to Napoco, they dropped ADI because ADI demanded too many price and stocking concessions. I don't know if that's true though. I never asked anyone at ADI about it since I always bought Napco elsewhere anyway. I get Honeywell and several other lines through ADI and I like them but they're not the only show in town.

Napco is available through hundreds of other distributors all over the country and any dealer can go with any distributor at a moment's notice. Didn't you changes suppliers after bad treatment from one or another? I buy from more than 10 different suppliers and I'm just a small, web-based dealer.

By the way, did you notice that after all this time ADI is now selling ELK Products? Stuff changes over time, eh?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

True. Napco also offers a package deal on the P1632 that includes a keypad with built-in RF receiver, siren, battery, transformer, RJ set and wired motion detector. The whole kit retails for about $120. That's hard to beat even by DSC and I think you'll agree the P1632 is a better, more flexible panel than an equivalent from DSC. For us it's about equally popular with the Honeywell Vista-20P. Honeywell is more widely known so it gets a lot of attention though.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Burtek was a big distributor of Elk products for years. The fact that ADI/Honeywell bought them out would tend to make that a natural progression (don't you think?). I do know there were more than just a few sleepless nights in the homes of the higher execs at Paradox when ADI and Burtek merged. Served 'em right for "putting all their eggs in one basket". I'm glad it worked out well in the end, though.

Reply to
Frank Olson

The DSC wireless stuff is not my favourite either, but the DSC 1832 and

1864 still remains the easiest to keypad program (as a consequence would also be the nicest one to go the DIY route).
Reply to
Frank Olson

Thanks, Frank.

OK then. Bob, you really need to start planning on an Amazon trip. You just can't imagine the excitement of a 20+ pound bass striking your lure with such force he comes two feet out of the water. There's just nothing like it in fresh water. Mix that with the incredible beauty of the largest, pristine jungle on the planet.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

He's really Jason .......... the goalie masked bass boat killer!

Hey, I have a Save Phace boating mask with custom American flag paint job. Thank you very much. And... I only take it on very cold mornings.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Yeah, right. I lure my victims to the Amazon and feed them to the piranha.

With average mid-day temperatures in the high 90's you might prefer a white, UV-resistant hat with neck protection. This is similar to what I used.

formatting link
actually wore UV resistant shirts and pants as well. A week in the Amazon sun and I never got a sunburn. Not bad.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Nowdays CID is the prefered central station format. That's " Contact ID." A little bit faster and more informative. It's a little to complicated to give a full explanation of how it works. (ie. too lazy to type it) Basically they've just compressed more information into the data sent by the panel and it's sent faster. So over all, central is getting more information but that makes it not as fast as it could be if they were sending less information. So it winds up being just a little bit faster when sending one or two alarm codes. We're talking about 5 or so seconds faster than 4/2 format when sending one alarm code .....

I'm presuming that you mean a shock sensor applied directly to the glass(?) Most times the shock sensors are included in the same circuit with the window contact. Audio glass break detectors are put each on their seperate zones the same as motion detectors. If you feel that you need shock sensors on some windows, why wouldn't you want them on all windows? If you decide yes, then you should probably consider running wires for audio glass break detectors in each room and eliminate the shock sensors on each window. Except for the additional labor, you can detect glass breaking in the entire room with one device at a lower cost then doing each indivual window. Then, in my opinion you've got the "better" system. Glass break detection is a first line of defense, backed up by contacts on the doors and windows and the final line of defense, motion detectors. ..... NICE! All you'd need after that would be a back up long range radio device with redundant reporting to central station in the event someone cuts your telephone communication.

Now ..... THAT's a truly good system!

From your description above, I'd not use less than 17 zones. All doors on their own zones but in addition, you'd have to put each audio glass break on it's own zone too.

The minimum panel that I use is the 1632. That would work for your basic alarm installation. Comes with one keypad and you can purchase two more. That would give you a total of 20 zones. You can buy EZM modules to expand it further, up to 32 zones. It has a little bit of control functions using an external relay board and timed events. It's really a 3200 "lite". Does most everything the 3200 does but not as much of it.

As far as remote control, I don't know how much control you're talking about but the Napco Wizard will allow you to arm and disarm and learn the status of the system via local or remote telephone communication and contains 3 relay contacts that you can remote control also. The Wizard has programable voice response with a basic, limited but understandable vocabulary. It's kluge to program but it's not hard, just time consuming.

Well, I don't like and never would use the version that works with the keyed deadlock mechanism and no arming codes, but I've installed the

1664 with their new talking keypads, with built in loud sounder and a motion detector. I really liked the looks of the new keypad with the blue backlighting and the Motion detector in the keypad was perfect for my application. (It can be deprogramed if you don't want to use it or they also have a keypad model without the detector.) The voice response wasn't annoying as some other manufacturers have been in the past. I only did one installation , so I don't remember the part numbers, but I'm sure you can find them. Except for the new keypads, it's very similar to the 1632 only it's expandable to 64 zones. Nice unit, I'll be using more in the future.
Reply to
Jim

Yeah yeah ..... that's what ALL you mad, masked fish killers say. :-)

Reply to
Jim

CID is an extended touch tone format. It sends a single short tone for each digit of information sent. It uses 16 hex digits from 0 through F.

4x2 (and similar) is a pulse format that pulses the line for each increment of each digit and then pauses to show separation of digits.

For instance a 9 in CID would be just a short beep of a particular frequency, but in pulse format like 4x2 it will have to pulse the line nine times and then pause. Imagine sending hex digits. Yes, many panels will support hex digits in pulse format, although there is some confusions between 0 and A as logically the both send ten pulses. Some panels take an A programmed as a null and do not send it. I try not to program 0 or A if I do not have to.

In CID format on a clear line you can send the account number, alarm zone, alarm type, and following signals for other trips and conditions in the time it takes for a pulse format to send the account number alone. From that perspective it saves on-line time, sends more data, and save toll charges.

I have run across some bad line conditions where pulse format transmitted, but CID was distorted too bad to be recognized by the receiver.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Frank Olson wrote in news:6EsKk.7838$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.iad:

AMEN!

Reply to
motley me

I don't have model numbers of any parts quoted, but he did send me this: DMP XP50 - $240 LCD Keypad - $130 double tech motion detector 75$ wireless smoke detector 135$ double tech motion detector 75$

wireless double tech motion detector in the hallway on the room level floor

115$

wireless smoke detector 135$

wireless glassbreak detector in the Den in front of the patio doors 120$

carbon monoxide detector 115$ Add (1) power supply unit 1 Amp.105$

wireless smoke detector in the hallway on the room level 135$

I've already gone through all the trouble of home wiring all the locations for smoke/motion/glassbreak detectors, so have no desire to go wireless for any of them. But I don't know if that affects the pricing at all (ie: if wired is cheaper or not).

I don't know if the prices listed are expensive or not - open to any second opinions...

Thanks!

Eric

Reply to
Eric B.

Total install price is about 1500$ for parts and programming, but without any wiring (i've done it all already). It seems a little steep to me to be honest, but his quote includes a whole bunch of wireless sensors that I don't need as I've already wired everything up.

Just the DMP CP (XT50) and the LCD keypad, he is asking 400$. Of course, then I still need to include labour/programming since it is something that apparently I will be unable to do myself.

Thanks,

Eric

Reply to
Eric B.

Amazingly, it has been almost a week and I have yet to hear back from DMP. Not too impressed, to be honest. I was expecting a call back already telling me where I would be able to buy a system...

Eric

Reply to
Eric B.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.