Re: Trying to work with a CM11A under Linux

Only one more day to get in on the Z-Wave giveway. I'll probably do the drawing about 7PM'ish tomorrow (Pac time.) So sign up if you are interested in winning. See below for details previously posted. The wireless package giveaway still has plenty of time but you can register for that one as well while you are there.

------------------------------------- Dean Roddey Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems

formatting link

Reply to
Dean Roddey
Loading thread data ...

Yeah Rich, look, maybe together, if we both try to gang up on the troll, maybe I'll be more successfull than last time when I got bitched out real bad. signed John (the informant) Fields

Reply to
ubertroll

As one who earns 100% of my income DESIGNING, Brett's offer is plain BS, and won't draw any responders other than amateurs. There's no contract there... just bait for suckers.

And, WTF is "fleen_squigger"? Ever made more than US$5/hour ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

Reply to
John Fields

I apologize If I pissed anyone off. I have an idea that several clients have asked for. I don't have $5000 to pay someone to develop this. I have the idea, and I have clients, marketing and sales.

I don't see why splitting the profits is such a bad idea, I have several software developers that do this with me and they don't complain. It works for both parties, I had the idea, and I sell it. That is what I bring to the table. I have the marketing the relationships and the sales process completed.

My idea should not take more than a couple of hours of a good designers time. If it does than you are not a good designer.

Reply to
Brett Griffin

Reply to
John Fields

You are miss "I am looking to take an idea I have had for several years and work on bringing it to the market. I am looking for someone who can develop a small hardware/firmware device. You will need knowlegde of devloping ethernet firmware application, electronic circuitry design, and other knowledge skills. Contacts and knowledge in manufacturing from design, and packaging is a plus. There is no pay up front but you will be given royalties from the sale of the product."

(Wonders out loud) now where would you send someone who wants to talk about getting someone to do his product development for him at zero pay? Why, misc.business.product-dev of course!

Reply to
Ubergrupenfuhrer

If you think that writing ethernet firmware and designing electronic circuitry should not take more than a couple of hours, then you are not a good technology consultant.

Reply to
Guy Macon

Don't bother with these neurotic buffoons Brett, they're a complete waste of time. The only thing they're good at is justifying their self-serving dysfunctionality. You could offer them the deal of a lifetime and they'd find a reason to refuse it because they know any involvement with a serious developer will expose them.

Reply to
fleen_squigger

well you were right!

I powered down the PC that's running in my living room and now all 3 switches are working perfectly... I guess that means i need a signal filter for the PC. any recommendations that you know have worked well in the past? (I've heard some work better than others). Also any idea how much amperage I need for a typical PC?

Still very very strange symptoms, if i may say so...

Reply to
random735

That depends on the nature of the product. Suppose he's automating a PEZ dispenser. :^)

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Not that weird... a signal sucker can do weird and inconsistent things.

I've been happy with the filters from Smarthouse.

I'd suggest that what ever filter you choose, buy one extra. That way you'll have one onhand if you're tracking down another signal sucker. If you find that your new TV, etc, is a problem, you won't have to keep it unplugged until one can be shipped to you.

Reply to
AZ Woody

Yet has enough free time to waste it on newsgroups...

Reply to
wkearney99

Aside from the current rating I think they are all about the same so I would decide based on price (and current rating).

I agree - it's weird. But if you felt silly following my advice think how silly I felt offering it. ;)

Reply to
Dave Houston

"AZ Woody" wrote

Optimist. :-) It seems the number of things that need filtering is growing daily. Today's surprise was a new LCD display's switching power supply. Dropped the X-10 signal strength nearby more than 1 volt (which is a lot larger than it sounds). I'm on my nine or tenth filter by now, and some are servicing entire powerstrips filled with nasty X-tenuaters.

I'm still interested in why the wall switch only turns the light off. Is there something different about the switch circuit when it's driving a load? We know why noisy CF bulbs won't turn OFF but there hasn't been much speculation about why a wallswitch won't turn on.

There are a number of very similar threads in the past. Here's one:

formatting link
that describes the very same symptoms.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

My guess is that there's less resistance through the filament (because these switches don't use a neutral so they carry the signal through the bulb) when it's on, so the signal travels better? But somehow I thought there was more resistance in a bulb when it was on...I can't remember now.

Anyway, whatever it is, it still doesn't explain why the switch responds (even w/ the PC on) to a degree, and then just stops responding once i send some other x10 signal. But I did a ton of experimenting last night w/ plugging the PC in elsewhere, turning it off, etc, and the behavior was very consistent w/ respect to the PC messing stuff up. (I was able to find an outlet which caused less interference, but i don't really want to use a 25' orange extension cord in my living room :] )

Filters shall be ordered.

Reply to
random735

As opposed to you and fleen making your income by being dinks in newsgroups. Sounds right.

Reply to
keith

And you, "fleen_squigger", are "some kind of electronics professional"??

Bwahahahaha!

You're just another puke-punk.

PLONK!

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

Turn him in. I always get great enjoyment from doing that ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

Yeah, sounds like wishful thinking to me ...

Reply to
fleen_squigger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.