CM11A with SERIAL to USB problems

Hello,

I am not being able to hook the CM11A interface via a SERIAL to USB converter. I am using my laptop which doesn't have a serial port. I am on windows XP sp2 and ActiveHome seems not to be able to communicate with the device. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Carlitto
Loading thread data ...

Does the USB virtual serial port show up in Device Manager? In the Start menu, right-click My Computer. Click Properties. Click Hardware. Click Device Manager.

Does it show up in ActiveHome? IIRC, ActiveHome is rather inflexible about port numbering.

The CM11A only uses TXD & RXD (plus RI but that's not a factor) so there should be no problems due to unsupported handshaking lines.

I haven't tried it under XP but I never had problems us>Hello,

formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

Hi Dave,

Actually the USB virtual serial port is showing in the device manager and is working well with other serial devices.

How? where? All I can do in ActiveHome is test communications which always fails (choosing the right com port (com2)

Regards.

Dave Houst> Does the USB virtual serial port show up in Device Manager? In the Start

Reply to
Carlitto

formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

Personally, I've had problems with ActiveHome under XP with USB-to-serial *as well as* real serial ports. The almost-identical IBM Home Dirtector software works wothout a problem, though, with both.

Anyway, here's another thread that deals with the same issue:

formatting link
Hope this helps...

Regards,

Anand

Reply to
nature_girl90

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.