I am not being able to hook the CM11A interface via a SERIAL to USB
converter. I am using my laptop which doesn't have a serial port. I am
on windows XP sp2 and ActiveHome seems not to be able to communicate
with the device. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Reply to
Carlitto
Loading thread data ...
Does the USB virtual serial port show up in Device Manager? In the Start menu, right-click My Computer. Click Properties. Click Hardware. Click Device Manager.
Does it show up in ActiveHome? IIRC, ActiveHome is rather inflexible about port numbering.
The CM11A only uses TXD & RXD (plus RI but that's not a factor) so there should be no problems due to unsupported handshaking lines.
I haven't tried it under XP but I never had problems using a CM11A with a USB adapter on W98SE.
"Carlitto" wrote:
formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com
Reply to
Dave Houston
Hi Dave,
Actually the USB virtual serial port is showing in the device manager and is working well with other serial devices.
How? where? All I can do in ActiveHome is test communications which always fails (choosing the right com port (com2)
Regards.
Dave Houst> Does the USB virtual serial port show up in Device Manager? In the Start
Reply to
Carlitto
I fear we've exhausted my knowledge on this topic - someone who is currently using ActiveHome under XP is needed - I haven't used it under XP and haven't used in under W98SE in a long, long time. With the old copy I have on a W98SE machine (v1.42), you select the port in the "Configuration | Preferences" menu. It only allows COM1-COM4 while I have COM1-COM13 on this particular machine.
"Carlitto" wrote:
formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com
Reply to
Dave Houston
Personally, I've had problems with ActiveHome under XP with USB-to-serial *as well as* real serial ports. The almost-identical IBM Home Dirtector software works wothout a problem, though, with both.
Anyway, here's another thread that deals with the same issue:
formatting link
Hope this helps...
Regards,
Anand
Reply to
nature_girl90

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.