Your Favorite Install Tool?

Favorite? Donno. The little plastic tubes I use for fishing wires to the attic are pretty handy. After that, I'd have to say my grabbit. js

Reply to
alarman
Loading thread data ...

Klein dikes Dotty multi screwdriver

And...dunno if anyone has seen these yet: Dotty Wall Dogs (Dawgs?)... very cool screws, you don't need drywall anchors with these puppies...expensive though.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

They're made out of 5/16" tubing cut to 30-36" lengths. Slip a glow rod into the tubing, and push it up through the 3/8" hole in the window frame. When the works hits the roof, remove the glow rod. Now you can twist the tube back and forth while you push up slightly. Usually the tube follows the roof line and slides right past the insulation in the attic. Now you have a chase through which you can feed your wire. I usually pull 8 - 10 doors/windows at a time-minimizes the time I spend in the attic.

js

Reply to
alarman

ah I totally forgot!!

My 3 lb "drywall adjustment tool" !!! Actually it's a small sledge hammer with an axe on the other side. I LOVE to drag it out infront of homeowners....jest a little drywall "adjustment"...jest a little touchup :-))))

Reply to
Crash Gordon

HEY I do that too!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

vacuum

Reply to
Jackcsg

Double-stick tape (stolen from Tom Fowler)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Thanks, but I didn't invent it. I haven't seen many others use it though. js

Reply to
alarman

Whatever little gadget makes the task in front of me easier.

Lately I have been rather f> Let us know about your favorite installation tool ?

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Let us know about your favorite installation tool ?

Mine is the Robertson (square-drive) screwdriver? Screws stay on with one hand at all angles and drive true and hard.

BobbyD

Reply to
bdolph

Sounds like something from Penthouse Letters.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Hi Sylvain..

I am pretty happy to have another fellow from Montreal here...

Welcome and do worry too much about some of our little friend here..DIY is not always something particularly appealing to them ;-)

p.s. Vive le Quebec Libre!! LOL

"Sylva>

Reply to
petem

Husky 8in1 pocket screwdriver.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

My laptop , and the 512 meg usb memory stick is what i just cant live with out..;-)

(look like i do too much service on access and dvr..)

Reply to
petem

"alarman" a écrit dans le message de news:

1qV6f.90761$lq6.54026@fed1read01...

Pretty ingenious.. never saw anyone use that method here,

And i can understand you..the less time spent in the attic the better...

Reply to
petem

Care to share details, for the benefit of a do-it-yourselfer or two?

Reply to
Sylvain Robitaille

A well trained assistant.

Reply to
Devin

Who WILL go up in a 150 degree attic!

| > Mine is the Robertson (square-drive) screwdriver? Screws stay on with | > one hand at all angles and drive true and hard. | >

| > BobbyD | | | A well trained assistant.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Maglites are expensive and not versatile.

Pelican 2200 Versabrite headlamp flashlight. Inexpensive, Light weight, small, doesn't get lost (head strap allows hanging on tool pouch) , both batteries and bulbs last a long time (only two AA cells lasts for over 6 hours). Versatile angling of light head for hard to reach places. You can wrap it to your wrist. Order extra bulbs because they're not off-the-shelf items. Order light weight head straps with it. Also an extra head strap or two. Straps gets scrungy from sweat.

formatting link
has the information but if you shop you can get it less expensive elswhere. Make sure it either comes with the head strap or order it seperately.

Reply to
Jim

I knew there was a reason I didn't move to AZ. js

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.