Your Favorite Install Tool?

Thats pretty much how it is in this area too, in theory you can drill them, in practice no one is willing to take the chance.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L
Loading thread data ...

Nah, a Knight in Armor.

And alarm installer decked out with a safety helmet, goggles, ear protectors, dust mask, elbow pads, work gloves, back brace, kneepads, steel toe workboots.

However, Mikey, would rather be known as a Night in Amore.

Reply to
Jim

So what's needed is King Arthur with a screwgun?

Reply to
Matt Ion

Years from now... One of our great grand children will regal his friends with the story.

"There we were, tearing down this old church and you won't believe the antique I found... It has a cord and everything!!!!"

Reply to
JoeRaisin

And (because it's a Milwaukee) still works!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

AH...I shoulda left it plugged in then!...it woulda been like a voice from heaven up in the attic...:-)

| >

| > Crash Gordon wrote: | >> The angle it jammed in there bent the drill enough to render the chuck | >> stuck or whatever. | >

| > Years from now... | > One of our great grand children will regal his friends with the story. | >

| > "There we were, tearing down this old church and you won't believe the | > antique I found... It has a cord and everything!!!!" | | | And (because it's a Milwaukee) still works!!! | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I've been all over my guys about leaving tools on jobs, especially ladders. My ops manager came into my office to let me know that a camera job was completed and up on the net. He gave me the IP address and I pulled it up on my computer. It was a 16 camera job and as I was going through the cameras, Camera 5 came up with a great picture of one of my ladders still in hallway. Before I said anything, all I heard over my shoulder was "Ahh Sh**!! We didn't have to wait for that phone call to let us know we left a ladder.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Glad to see you're back on line Bob..... I heard Wilma got you messed up pretty good down there.

Norm Mugford

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Bahahah!

Well, the solution for this kind of thing is simple: make your guys buy their own f'n tools. Then if they DO "lose" them, you're not out the money.

I have to pay up-front for my own tools (my employer reimburses me half), so I'm pretty careful about making sure I have them all at the end of the day.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Wilma kicked my ass. We were without power for about a week and half. Had generator though. Luckily a cool front came in right after so we didn't need the air conditioning. Two trees down on the house which started the roof damage. Ten trees down total. Screen enclosure around the pool area is a pretzel in my neighbors yard, but then again my other neighbors screen enclosure is in my yard and my pool. One of the trees was right at the corner of the home. When it went, it took roots and all. I need to have foundation checked for damage. It took a portion of the sprinkler system so I am concerned about that corner. My canal is about 20 feet wider because when the trees on the other side went, they pulled up all the root system with them. So, now instead of looking at a nature preserve, I am looking at a 15 foot wall of dirt and roots down the entire canal. Little bit of ceiling damage and a little water but I am all tile floors, except the bedrooms, anyway, so that was no big deal. The boat is back up north so that was a relief and the other house, from what I hear, is OK just some soffet damage. I haven't had chance to get over there yet. Maybe this weekend. The office had roof damage and we got flooded in there. Computers, files and inventory were all OK, just wet carpet and most of that was over in the Travel Agency. Things won't be the same here for a long long time, but we are fine and that is what counts.

"Norm Mugford" wrote in message news:beqaf.28210$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews7.bellsouth.net...

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Reply to
Bob Worthy

LOL

Reply to
no wires showing

Tom, quote the post you're responding to so we know...well...who you're responding to. js

Reply to
alarman

The wall scope from Labor Saving Devices.

Reply to
no wires showing

alarman Nov 4, 8:57 pm show options

Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms From: "alarman" - Find messages by this author

Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:57:44 -0800 Local: Fri, Nov 4 2005 8:57 pm Subject: Re: Your Favorite Install Tool? Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

Tom, quote the post you're responding to so we know...well...who you're

responding to.

Jesus Christ this f****ng Usenet drives me nuts. Anyone seen my WebTV?

Reply to
no wires showing

And it was Mark's post where he stole my double sided tape

Reply to
no wires showing

That works too (theoretically)... if they don't feel responsible for the original, it should at least make them feel more responsible for the replacement they bought :)

Reply to
Matt Ion

Ha ha ha, Bob got his ass kicked by a CHICK! :-)

(Sorry, it was there... I had to...)

Reply to
Matt Ion

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.