Tool pouch search

The best tool pouch that I've found to date is the Bucket Boos Rear Guard. It's snap-on snap-off design makes getting in and out of the service van easy and it carries my most used tools. I've found one other like it and that is the Pocket Caddy by Occidental Leather. Are there any other designs like this out there? perhaps larger versions? Anyone know?

Reply to
S. Smith
Loading thread data ...

I've been using my Klein 5166 for 15 years now and love it.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I use one too. For toting a few basic tools(screwdriver, strippers, = scissors,pliers) it is great.

Reply to
Tommy

I've tried big and small pouches through the years and I've come to get used to a small pouch. I carry four tools. A pair of Miller wire strippers. A small plastic retractable razor knife. A screwdriver with an exchangeable two sized phillips and a two sized standard tip. The shaft as well as the tips are reversable and the size of each end of the hex shaft that holds the tips are two different sizes .... to be used as two different size nut drivers. And the last is a reversable pair of pliers that flip like a leatherman from needle nose to regular pliers. Sometimes I carry a heavy duty pair of linemans electricians pliers that doubles for a hammer and a screw cutter as well.

There's a good subject that I don't think has been mentioned before.

What tools do you carry with you all the time?

Reply to
Jim

Klein dikes, 4 way screwdriver, needlenose, beanies, homemade continuity beeper, 1' of 12ga thhn solid (use for fishing), drywall saw, Klein twisty Phillips screwdriver, small flashlight.

That's all I carry on me, the rest I carry in a canvas bag thing, which I usually leave by the front door of the house (inside) so I don't forget to take it when I leave :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I hear that. I left a nice flourescent drop lite on a job a couple of months ago. Called the homeowner who said he gave it to the GC. GC says he doesn't have it. Grrrr. js

Reply to
alarman

I "home" all my tools, and garbage to just inside the client's front door so I don't forget stuff. I leave my truck key with the panel key hanging in the alarm panel lock...that way I can't leave without closing the box!

Can't count how may dikes, pagers, butt sets we've left in attics. One of my guys even left a 6' Werner ladder in a client's closet once...they waited a month just to see if we'd ever call...we didn't so she called us. Embarassing. Then I stopped buying tools for my guys and that helped a little bit - just a little...they're still idiots sometimes.

| > That's all I carry on me, the rest I carry in a canvas bag thing, which I | > usually leave by the front door of the house (inside) so I don't forget to | > take it when I leave :-) | | I hear that. I left a nice flourescent drop lite on a job a couple of months | ago. Called the homeowner who said he gave it to the GC. GC says he doesn't | have it. Grrrr. | js | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Oh yeah, that's right ...... I forgot about my small Pelican head light (hangs over my tool pouch by the head band). And the things I carry in my pocket ....... couple of small lengths of solid bare # 14 copper wire (snaking) and a roll of tape and beenies.

Reply to
Jim

I carry everything in my pouch, except the tool I need

Doug

Reply to
Doug L

I usually make it a point to NEVER loan my tools. I was just reminded why, a couple of months ago.

While working on a job, someone asked if I had a long extension cord they could borrow just while we were there. It wasn't until a couple of weeks later, when I needed the cord that I realized that I'd forgotten to get it back and actually forgot who I loaned it to. Really good 12 guage cord too. Damn!

Reply to
Jim

A multi-tip screwdriver, wire strippers, scissors with stripper notches, a = small tip screwdriver in flat and Phillips for terminal block screws and a = pair of needle nose pliers. this takes care of 85-90% of my needs when = installing and servicing.

Reply to
Tommy

Thats the best answer so far.

| > Crash Gordon wrote: | >> Klein dikes, 4 way screwdriver, needlenose, beanies, homemade continuity | >> beeper, 1' of 12ga thhn solid (use for fishing), drywall saw, Klein | >> twisty | >> Phillips screwdriver, small flashlight. | >>

| >> That's all I carry on me, the rest I carry in a canvas bag thing, which I | >> usually leave by the front door of the house (inside) so I don't forget | >> to | >> take it when I leave :-) | >>

| > Oh yeah, that's right ...... I forgot about my small Pelican head light | > (hangs over my tool pouch by the head band). And the things I carry in | > my pocket ....... couple of small lengths of solid bare # 14 copper | > wire (snaking) and a roll of tape and beenies. | >

| >>

| >>

| >>

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I didn't loan it, I forgot and left it in the closet. I never loan my tools either. My favorite is, "Hey mind if I use your ladder for a minute?"

"Not at all. Just don't move it from that spot." js

Reply to
alarman

OK, here we go: #2 phillips #1 phillips

3/16" slotted 1/4" slotted 5/16" slotted #2 square drive mini slotted screwdriver micro slotted screwdriver 1/4" nut driver 10mm nut driver drywall saw punch down tool diagonal cutters 9" Kleins retractable razor knife assorted drill bits assorted spade bits scisors forceps needle nose pliers (2 sizes) electrical tape 25' measuring tape keil sharpie pencil (wrapped with about 12" of solder) home made continuity tester staples wire nuts and beans All this in a double bag rig wth suspenders.

Optional: stapler VOM

hammer channel locks crimping tool, coax crimping tool, ethernet

No wonder I'm so tired. js

Reply to
alarman

I can hear SFB now about the hammer comment.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Don't your pants fall off? I guess the suspenders help.

I can't carry that much crap around. Although I have been thinking of getting a vest type suspender tool belt..but have a feeling I'll never wear it.

When I'm doing final trimouts on new homes I have a like a dolly work tray thing I roll around with me and I sit on one of those buckets when trimming window contacts.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

He looks like a cross between the snap-on tool truck and the lonely goatherd when he's all kitted out for work.

Doug

Reply to
Doug L

Braided steel suspenders?

Reply to
Jim

lol...gives me an idea for a cartoon :-)))

| > I can't carry that much crap around. Although I have been thinking of | > getting a vest type suspender tool belt..but have a feeling I'll never | > wear | > it. | >

| > When I'm doing final trimouts on new homes I have a like a dolly work tray | > thing I roll around with me and I sit on one of those buckets when | > trimming | > window contacts. | >

| >

| >

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.