Your Favorite Install Tool?

I use to...10-15 minutes at a time. I kept plenty of room temperature water on hand, and a extra T-shirt that was hosed down and changed each time I came out. I would wait 30-45 minutes before attempting to go back up again. After a while you get use to it. The longest I ever dared to stay was 35 minutes. I was able to temporariliy remove a AC vent to keep myself cool.

I have thrown up my guts a few times on the customers front lawn. Sometimes you just can't get out fast enough. This usually happens with huge open truss homes with multiple levels of ceiling height...too much climbing.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas
Loading thread data ...

I hear ya... been there, done that...

How's the weather down there?? You got all those alarm parts battened down, or are they going to wind up on someone else's back yard??? :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

We just some rain and alot of wind gusts...The sun is now shining, but the high wind continues.

Jim Rojas

"Frank Olson" wrote in message news:pG87f.292418$tl2.141401@pd7tw3no...

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Yer welcome. I only use the for keypads because they're like 20 bucks a box, and a tad too big for small pirs...but they are a real timesaver.

| >And...dunno if anyone has seen these yet: Dotty Wall Dogs (Dawgs?)... very | >cool screws, you don't need drywall anchors with these puppies...expensive | >though. | >

| >

| >

| >

| >

| >

| >

|
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Here's a better one (or at least weirder):

Major alarm co in my area...here's how they mount the panels...huge glob of construction adhesive and one drywall screw to hold it from falling down while the glue dries. If you have to change the panel somewhere down the road half the wall comes off with the box. Same for lawn signs, which they mount on the side yard gate. Nice, huh.

| >

| >>Let us know about your favorite installation tool ? | >>

| >>Mine is the Robertson (square-drive) screwdriver? Screws stay on with | >>one hand at all angles and drive true and hard. | >>

| >>BobbyD | >>

| >>

| >

| >

| >

| >

|
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Welp if they have any sense of humor they will remember me...come to think of it..even if they don't they remember. I had one of those cutters, and I broke it...actually I broke a couple of them.

| >My 3 lb "drywall adjustment tool" !!! Actually it's a small sledge hammer | >with an axe on the other side. I LOVE to drag it out infront of | >homeowners....jest a little drywall "adjustment"...jest a little touchup | >:-)))) | >

| >

| >

| >

| >

|
Reply to
Crash Gordon

It actually gets hotter up there than that. Air Conditioner dood client of ours, his father augered in up in an attic...he should never had gone up there at his age. The FD had to rip the ceiling down to get the body out...not nice.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I installed systems in the Miami area and don't envy you at all

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Oh NOW you care...

Reply to
Mark Leuck

What do you use that little munchkin for?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You use the tubes because of the insulation. You drill the 3/8" holes with a long 6 foot flexible drill bit. You keep from killing yourself by electrocution and drill holes through your roof by experience.

Not using the zip it rod, using the glow rods which are thinner and more flexible. Or the flexible fiberglass fishtape...once you've worked your way above the ceiling batting you're home-free...sorta...usually.

Kinda works like the new IV needles which have a plastic sleeve that remains in your vein after metal needle is removed.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

wedged head down a vaulted ceiling truss, then had a fatal heart attack up there.

| >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yea, that line did kind of go a stray. Sorry, if I mislead anyone. I get a similar response when I an talking about alarm swingers.

BobbyD

Matt I> bdolph wrote:

Reply to
bdolph

"auger in?" wedged up in a truss? half busted thru drywall ceiling?

Reply to
mikey

Auuggghh .....Must be an ex Rollins installer.

Speaking of double stick tape - I just saw an electrical contractor today put up some REX motions in the front lobby of a new bank building with double stick. Should look nice for about 3 - 6 months. Actually, he had originally mounted them upside down and it madeit easy for him to flip them around. They would open the door if you were 10 feet or more away from the door. If you were next to it, tough luck. They were maglocks. An alarm guy explained to them what the picture on the back of the REX pointed to the door was for. Grin!!

BobbyD

Mark Leuck wrote:

Reply to
bdolph

Jim,

Nice looking headlamp. I also like the new low-cost LED units such as the one below. Not only is it good on the job, I have used it during the last hurricane season when we lost power down here in Florida. Rather than try lighting the whole house we just lit the path in front of us. We looked like a couple of coal miners. These also have a red lamp which is great for bass fishing as well.

formatting link
BobbyD

Jim wrote:

Reply to
bdolph

Thanks for the tip on Dottie. Here is a little more info on Dottie if anyone is interested.

formatting link
BobbyD

Crash Gord>Klein dikes

Reply to
bdolph

Crash,

Nice touch. I bet the look on the customers face is worth a million bucks.

You did remind me of my handy drywall cutter from Labor Saving........

formatting link
ah I totally forgot!!

Reply to
bdolph

Here are some rod kits that might be of interest.

formatting link
alarman wrote:

Reply to
bdolph

Yes, and you are after all, the "voice" of my conscience... ;-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.