Your Favorite Install Tool?

Binders?

Reply to
Mark Leuck
Loading thread data ...

My local Burtek carries a small 555-based timed-relay board that would probably do the trick. Never priced one, but I can't imagine they're more than $10-$15.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Bravo!!! Bravo!!! Encore!!! Encore!!! :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

The Campbell's are comin', ho ho, ho ho They'll fix your system, don't yah know Whatever you do, service is free But don't tell Jim, or he'll have a pee

Just give him a soapbox, then whatever you do Get out of the way, he's a comin' through The question remains, does he have a point Or does he just want to stir up the joint ?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Yah, yah....I know....don't quit your day job !!

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

The alarman's a-rollin' on down the road His van's a-haulin' a hefty load Ladders n' wire n' what else you see? Sixty-five binders for DSC!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Get a tailor (or wife) to sew some cordua nylon pockets on the front to hold the kneepads. I know you can get kneepads that strap on but you can't wear them around all day or they end up around your ankles.

I agree completely - I have a PicQuic stubby (which I should have mentioned). However I have managed over the years to break a couple of PicQuics (the top of the handle typically) and now the bits tend to slid out oneir own and get lost. Never lost a bit from my MegaPro.

No no you are using the wrong technique - think of an ice pick not a baseball bat.

Reply to
Jim Sutton

I just carry one of those spongy foam kneeing pads that people use for outdoor gardening...also good to sit on.

| >> Jim Sutton wrote: | >>

| >> I just pick up cargo pants cheap at Value Village and such places. | >> They have tons of pockets of varying sizes, and they're expendable :) | >

| >

| > Get a tailor (or wife) to sew some cordua nylon pockets on the front to | > hold the kneepads. I know you can get kneepads that strap on but you | > can't wear them around all day or they end up around your ankles. | | Good idea. | | I keep meaning to get some kneepads... unfortunately I don't need them | often enough to think of it until I'm somewhere I actually need them. | | > I agree completely - I have a PicQuic stubby (which I should have | > mentioned). However I have managed over the years to break a couple of | > PicQuics (the top of the handle typically) and now the bits tend to slid | > out oneir own and get lost. Never lost a bit from my MegaPro. | | Hmmmm I've never broken a PicQuic. Lost a few over the years. Worst | that's happened is the locking ball-bearing gets lost, which they appear | to have "fixed" by relegating that design only to the "pro" model, using | only a magnet to keep the in-use bit in place in the "standard" models now. | | >> A 2-AA Minimag will only make the Rottie mad. You wanna defend | >> yourself, you need a 4-D Maglite, minimum :) | >>

| > No no you are using the wrong technique - think of an ice pick not a | > baseball bat. | | Shove it in the dog's ear to pierce his brain? Rotties' skulls are all | infused with concrete at birth, donchknow... anything less than a 12lb. | sledge is just gonna bounce off no matter what angle you hit'em at. | | | --- | avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. | Virus Database (VPS): 0543-2, 10/27/2005 | Tested on: 10/29/2005 11:53:14 PM | avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software. |

formatting link
| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You're going to jab a Rottweiler with an AA mini mag?? That would be interesting to watch, but those dogs are so quick your hand would be chewed

28 times and spit out before you could pull it back. js
Reply to
alarman

Those are great. I keep leaving 'em on the jobsite though. js

Reply to
alarman

Good idea.

I keep meaning to get some kneepads... unfortunately I don't need them often enough to think of it until I'm somewhere I actually need them.

Hmmmm I've never broken a PicQuic. Lost a few over the years. Worst that's happened is the locking ball-bearing gets lost, which they appear to have "fixed" by relegating that design only to the "pro" model, using only a magnet to keep the in-use bit in place in the "standard" models now.

Shove it in the dog's ear to pierce his brain? Rotties' skulls are all infused with concrete at birth, donchknow... anything less than a 12lb. sledge is just gonna bounce off no matter what angle you hit'em at.

Reply to
Matt Ion

I leave all sorts of stuff at jobs...my guys were worse though. How can you leave a 8 foot ladder in someone's house?....for days! Finally, the lady calls and asks when we are going to pickup the ladder. I'll tell ya how...if they don't own the tool they don't give a crap.

| Those are great. I keep leaving 'em on the jobsite though. | js | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Speaking of PicQuic. Has anyone every used the PicQuic PortaSharp ??

BobbyD

Matt I> Jim Sutt>

Reply to
bdolph

Nope, but send me one, and I'll give it a good workout :)

Reply to
Matt Ion

Really? I use a Drill Doctor to sharpen all my bits. I never noticed that it changed the angle. I love it-a real money saver. js

Reply to
alarman

You might want to reconsider your choice of bars

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

A glue-lam beam? You were drilling a GLUE LAM beam?? AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH! js

Reply to
alarman

mickey mouse. Bought a Drill Dr for the shop and once I showed the guys how to use it it seems to be pretty popula. The only problem is the 2 choices of angles donb't correspond to the angle on a flexi-bit so the

1st time you use it you end up have to reshape the point.
Reply to
Jim Sutton

Ok maybe I'm exagerating about it's effectiveness against a big mean dog - but you nail some one in the ribs or the side of the head with the butt end real fast and they'll stop to reconsider.

I always laugh walking into bars where there's a "no knives' sign on the door but no one looks twice at your flashlight/kubotan.

Reply to
Jim Sutton

You drill glue lams ?

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

While there are certain areas of an engineered wood beam that can be drilled for wires, conduit etc, the manufactures normally advise for a qualified professional to OK any modifications, including the placement of holes etc. I personally wouldn't drill a glue lam.

formatting link
Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.