SA4142-2AD2 Keyswitch

After a service call i came across an old legacy sa4142-2ad2 panel. I want to arm the system with keyswitch from panel's zone 3. I programm zone 3 as 21 (away arm) but cannot save my selection (21). Any idea? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
spyros
Loading thread data ...

Think you also have to identify which partition it arms

Reply to
NickMark

ant to arm the system with keyswitch from panel's zone 3. I programm zone 3 as 21 (away arm) but cannot save my selection (21). Any idea? Thanks in ad vance!

I already did it on address 15 The problem is that on zone definition canno t write 21 (away arm)...

Reply to
spyros

I believe you need to make the zone a "keyswitch".

I'm not certain about that - but it may also be that you can only do it with a particular zone.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

I thought about it and you may be right. I'll try all the on board zones 1 to 8...

Reply to
spyros

If the SA4142-2AD2 is a Vista 40 which I think it is then as far as I can tell it has to be zone 7

You enable the keyswitch zone in 15, which changes the zone type in zone 7 to Type 10 interior w/delay.

If you try to change zone 7 type to anything else in compass a message appears

"Keyswitch operation is currently enabled, therefore Zone 7 must have a response type of 10. Any other value will violate keyswitch configuration"

So it looks like once you enable keyswitch in #15 then zone 7 will act as a keyswitch zone as long as you leave it as type 10 Interior w/delay .

Its very weird but try it and see.

Zone types 20,21,22 may be for wireless zones or keyfobs, I don't know

Doug

Reply to
doug

?? ?????????, 22 ? ????? 2015 - 7:18:37 ?.?. UTC+3, ? ? ??????? spyros ????? ??:

t to arm the system with keyswitch from panel's zone 3. I programm zone 3 a s 21 (away arm) but cannot save my selection (21). Any idea? Thanks in adva nce!

Yes doug you are right. Its Vista 40. The same programming. Only *15 part 1 and zone 7 becomes keyswitch. Thank you.

Reply to
spyros

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.