FBI XL 2T Disarm/arm remotely

Hi Alarm Guru,

I have just recently diyed an FBI xl 2t alarm for my house. Every thing is working fine, except that I cannot disarm / arm remotely in the event that it is triggers the alarm when lightning strike or kids play foot ball at the back lane.

Any advice ? Thanks in advance for the help.

Note : The house is a terrace house and system not connected to central monitoring service.

Reply to
Sunpower
Loading thread data ...

How would disarming remotely help? --- "someone" somewhere will call you wherever and you'll remotely disarm it?

Just program a 4 minute bell time and forget trying to be fancy with an old alarm panel.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yea, next time get a panel that allows remote control, that FBI panel is ancient and doesn't support that feature

Reply to
Mark Leuck

May be with a StreetSmart remote keyfob ?

Reply to
A.J.

Thanks for the advice. Any suggestion / recommendation of the panel of the same features as xl 2t?

Reply to
Sunpower

XL2T had features?

| > > Hi Alarm Guru, | >

| > > I have just recently diyed an FBI xl 2t alarm for my house. Every | > > thing is working fine, except that I cannot disarm / arm remotely in | > > the event that it is triggers the alarm when lightning strike or kids | > > play foot ball at the back lane. | >

| > > Any advice ? Thanks in advance for the help. | >

| > Yea, next time get a panel that allows remote control, that FBI panel is | > ancient and doesn't support that feature | | Thanks for the advice. Any suggestion / recommendation of the panel of | the same features as xl 2t? |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Huh?

What do you mean disarm remotely? With a handheld or from across the country?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Reply to
Roland More

Bob,

As no one is in the house during the daytime, I am working quite far away and in the event that the alarm is set off / triggered by lightning I need to disarm and then arm it again. I might have to try that a few times to ensure whether the alarm is malfunction / triggered by lightning.

At the moment the alarm will call my handphone if it is triggerd off.

Reply to
Sunpower

To reiterate what I said before...just program 4 minute bell time. Why do you have to disarm it and arm it again?...it's not gonna disarm itself you know.

And what does your alarm say to you when it calls?

| > > Hi Alarm Guru, | >

| > > I have just recently diyed an FBI xl 2t alarm for my house. Every | > > thing is working fine, except that I cannot disarm / arm remotely in | > > the event that it is triggers the alarm when lightning strike or kids | > > play foot ball at the back lane. | >

| > > Any advice ? Thanks in advance for the help. | >

| > > Note : The house is a terrace house and system not connected to | > > central monitoring service. | >

| > Huh? | >

| > What do you mean disarm remotely? With a handheld or from across the | > country? | | Bob, | | As no one is in the house during the daytime, I am working quite far | away and in the event that the alarm is set off / triggered by | lightning I need to disarm and then arm it again. I might have to try | that a few times to ensure whether the alarm is malfunction / | triggered by lightning. | | At the moment the alarm will call my handphone if it is triggerd off. | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I don't quite think thats what he's looking for :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It wasn't bad...for its time

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Honeywell Vista-15P with 4286 voice module

GE Concord 4 with 60-777 phone interface

Honeywell LynxR-I

GE Simon 3

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Thanks for the recommendation. Can I get the control panel and reuse the keypads ( FBII - no display type ) and all the magnetic , vibration and PIR sensors ?

Reply to
Sunpower

Keypads will have to be changed. Switches and pir's are interchangable, you may have to change resistors. Vibration sensors? Really? What kind?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
Roland More

Not the keypads

Reply to
Mark Leuck

"Attention Burglar. Go Ahead, Make my Day!"

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.