Mixing of sensors

Hi, I am new to alarm system. I am trying to install a FBI xl 2t alarm system. Can I install vibration sensor and magnetic sensor in series ? Can I use a remote sensor to arm/disarm the system ? What is the best type of PIR / or type of sensor to be installed in the attic ( sometimes there could be rats and causing false alarm ) ? Thank you in advance for the help.

Reply to
Sunpower
Loading thread data ...

inline..

Old system.

Can I install vibration sensor and magnetic sensor in | series ?

Will the duration of the vibe sensor hold it's relay open at the same time the mag switch does? And how can you be sure. So the answer would be maybe but I wouldn't count on it.

| Can I use a remote sensor to arm/disarm the system ?

Yes..maybe...why? The alarm would arm and disarm everything the pir saw movement. Interesting effect. The panel also has to have a momentary arming zone...hmmm maybe a latching arming zone.

| What is the best type of PIR / or type of sensor to be installed in | the attic ( sometimes there could be rats and causing false alarm ) ?

Due to temps in an attic I doubt it would be very effective..not to mention dust...and critters.

| Thank you in advance for the help. |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You probably could. You'd have to test it to make sure the "vibration" detector would work with your system. Sometimes they operate to quickly for an alarm panel to react.

It's not clear what you mean by a "remote sensor"

No motion sensors in the attic. If you have concerns about someone gaining entry to your home via the attic, you must protect the living areas that they could gain entry to by way of the attic.

Truthfully, you sound like it would be better for you to contact someone in your area to assist you in choosing security. Your questions show too much lack understanding about alarm systems. You're bound to do something wrong and not realize it until it's too late.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.