Ademco 216

Anyone have an Ademco 216 laying around? I have a customer who has 2 Ademco 215 2 wire digital arming stations which dont work. I have tested the stations on another system in the apartment building and they work...

email me if you have any...

Thanks...

M

snipped-for-privacy@armor-security.com

Reply to
Matthew Stanley
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like a band-aid and scab customer. I hope they are paying you by the hour at a good rate.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Reply to
Roland Moore

I am aware on how old this system is. Yes.... They are paying me by the hour. I dont know why people think its cheaper to upgrade. Nothing wrong with what they have. It all works except this unit. I will replace these with keyswitch arming stations. Thats cheaper then replaceing the entire unit.

I would have to replace the panel, motions, bell, and rewire the unit so its not all on one zone. Thats more then just 40.00 plus parts and an $80.00 service charge.

Why replace something that works just because its old?

Reply to
Matthew Stanley

having more than one or two zones...that in and of itself will save him money in troubleshooting 37 windows on one zone.

dunno why one should be gun-shy about upgrading a customer.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

are you billing him for time you're spending now loooking for a 216?

there was one on ebay that sold for a whopping 8 bucks.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

For upload and download of event buffers, remote programming, having more than one user combination. Integrated dialer instead of add on. Duress code feature, bell test feature, chime feature and the list goes on and on. They spend $120 bucks and it blows up next week? How's that a deal? Most guys in the business today have probably never even seen one. It's just barely a step up from a 342R.

Reply to
Just Looking

hum.. I thought a 216 was a 2 wire keypad attached to the 215 which controlled the panel all 6 volt of course..

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

For me it would be the "rewire the unit so its not all on one zone" part

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Really. Slap in even a Vista XX and be done with it. Jeez...

Reply to
alarman

Grasshopper. There was the 1023. A 6 volt system. Then came the 1023-12. A 12 Volt system. There was also the 1024, 1026, 1028. The digital dialer was always an add on. The 215 keypad had a single LED and a sounder. It used a twisted pair. Most everything programmed by wire jumpers. At that time you could get a Napco CCI-5 and slap in a Nel-Tech keypad. You could use a Triton dialer or almost any slave dialer you wanted. I wonder if we will laugh as hard in 20 years thinking back on what gets installed today.

Reply to
Roland Moore

NX4 's lite on the $ and with more than one keybus device u can double the zones to 8. add alarm dot com and really jump into the future with internet control of the system.

Reply to
Spudz

Ah cheapskates that don't want to pay for doing it right. I usually get rid of those customers... They are not worth the liability. Pouring money into an antique is a waste of their time and your time. If they are a great customer they will listen to your suggestions and spend the money to do it right. IIRC you are the same guy, that was wanting to foil a few weeks ago... Listen to some of the veterans here they have been there done that. Guess what we all found out people who won't pay to upgrade their security, are people who don't value their security.

Reply to
ssokoly

omer who has 2

I've got a few of them but I .... like you ..... have a dozen or so customers out there that have some of these still installed, so they're not for sale. I installed these systems 25 or more years ago and they've been working all these years. Most of the people are elderly and don't want to change, because from their point of view, they don't want to have to learn how to use some new fangled alarm keypad that does everything that they never wanted to do. They feel comfortable with what they've got, and that's OK with me. As long as nothing major goes wrong and/or I don't have the replacement part, I'm willing to do low cost service calls for these people and try to keep them happy. I keep their monitoring fee's low too. I know that if I were to cancel their monitoring because they didn't want to upgrade their equipment, some "lick and stick" alarm company would come in and rip them off and force them to upgrade, and triple what I'm charging them for monitoring and I'd just rather not do that to these old, long time customers.

It's not all about what makes business sense, all the time.

Reply to
Jim

AWww... Ya big gahloot... You done brung a tear to ma eye. And here I always took ya for a strictly business type, cold hearted old curmudgeon.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Hmmmm...that sounds...well, Campbellesque.

Reply to
alarman

Now THAT reeeeally hurts!

Reply to
Jim

e. =EF=BF=BDAnd here I

Hide quoted text -

Hey, as someone here once said ............

The customers can't be wrong .. ALL the time.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.