NX8E keyswitch

At one of my NX8E installations i added a keyswitch at zone 21 (on expanders Z13) and i programmed it as momentary keyswitch (11). I connect the NC-C relay output from the wireless receiver but nothing happens... Nor arm-nor disarm... :-( Am i missing something??

Thanks in adnavce... Spyros - Thessaloniki - Greece

Reply to
Proguard Security
Loading thread data ...

Does the arming zone function manually ... if you short it out not using the receiver relay?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Nothing happens. The zone opens at LCD keypad manually and secure ok but arm-disarm... no.....

Ï "Crash Gordon" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá news:4892b325$0$48225$ snipped-for-privacy@news.qwest.net...
Reply to
Proguard Security

is this system partitioned?

Reply to
Bob

r u using resistor?

Reply to
Bob

I've got only one partition. Z9-Z16 with zone double and Z17-Z24 with expander. Yes, i use 3.3k resistors at expander's zones including Z21 (keyswitch zone).

Reply to
proguard

I have not used keyswitch arming with an nx panel. I am guessing that the keyswitch has to be on the NX panel. not the expansion board. the following quote from a manual:

"Any zone on the NX-8E-CF can be programmed as a keyswitch zone. If this is done, a momentary short on this zone will arm/disarm the control. If opening/closing reports are sent, the user code will be 99."

Reply to
Bob

This was one of my thoughts... I'll try out to manually short onboard z14 (it is spare) and i'll let you know in order to learn if we can use only the onboard zones for keyswitch operation.

Reply to
proguard

I hope its not like a 2 wire smoke loop and cannot be used with zone doubling! if it is you'll have to eliminate zone doubling and use 8 onboard zones undoubled and expanders for everything else. :( let us know what you determine.

Reply to
Bob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.