Guardware CU 22 Home Alarm system

I have an older (20 years) home security system in the home I purchased. It is a Guardware CU-22 with perimeter loop, and pressure pads under carpet areas. I just replaced the siren drivers board and got the exterior sirens yelping, but cannot not seem to get the carpet pads to NOT arm when I am home and want the perimeter loop active. I am trying to understand how it operates. Anyone know of a source for instruction manuals or schematics? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
efeldbau
Loading thread data ...

That things' probably 30 years old - 86 it. IIRC back then there wasn't interior zones, you'd use a manual shunt button or latching relay.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You might want to check the carpet mat loop to see if there is a mechanical shut installed. It could be a simple switch or a part of the (REMOTE) keypad (if it has one). As far as documentation goes, if Jim Rojas doesn't have it no one else here will either.

Reply to
Roland More

A 30 year old mat is probably permanently shorted by now.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Your don't think someone rolled a dolly loaded with a refrigerator or filing cabinet over it during the move do you?

Reply to
Roland More

nah...never happens.

I DID have a guy that tiled over his mat, and wondered why it was always shorted...I mean that takes somekinda dumb to tile over a mat, eh?!

| > -- | >

| > Rob Giordano | > Microsoft MVP - FrontPage | >

| >

| >

| >

| >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I thought the tile would protect the mat. Now I finally know why mine never worked! I had always blamed it on that little open circuit to closed circuit adapter for the 1005 loop. I need to head down to the rental place right now to get a good jack hammer. They'll start working now by God. What about all that dust I wonder?

Reply to
Roland More

Contact me if you are in Boston area. I am familiar with Guardware produtcts and mats. I have manuals.

Reply to
chasbooth

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.