Vista 20 and IR motion problem

The Vista 20P door sensors work great but the IR motion does not. If its set to N/C then the system does not come ready however its set to N/O then it does which of course is wrong. The programmng summary looks like this:

ZN ZT P RC HW : RT

05 04 1 10 NC 1

The motion detect was working on the old Ademco 4030 panel and the LED lights with movement. Ive read through the manual cover to cover as well as the programming guide many times and motion detectors are not even mentioned.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Reply to
rickm
Loading thread data ...

what make and model is the pir?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Its a FOX , not sure of the model. This is the original unit. I do also have a Honeywell Aurora

Reply to
rickm

Sounds like you have defective wiring or most likely a defective motion. Wire up the Aurora and if your problem clears, you'll know what to do.

Reply to
Roger W

de quoted text -

I removed one wire from the sensor, closed the tamper switch and it read about 7ohms with no movement and no LED, infinite with movement and LED lite.

Next I reconnected the sensor and repeated the test at the panel with both wired removed. It read about 185 ohms and then infinite with movement.

If I check the voltage, there is about 13V across the terminals regardless of movement.

Reply to
rickm

Eww false alarm city

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I removed one wire from the sensor, closed the tamper switch and it read about 7ohms with no movement and no LED, infinite with movement and LED lite.

Next I reconnected the sensor and repeated the test at the panel with both wired removed. It read about 185 ohms and then infinite with movement.

If I check the voltage, there is about 13V across the terminals regardless of movement.

Walk away and get someone who knows what they are doing, you obviously don't

Reply to
Mark Leuck

't- Hide quoted text -

what is wrong with this post and isnt that what this group is for?

Reply to
rickm

Jesus Christ! Spend five bucks and get a real motion detector!

Reply to
Red

Must be an engineer. His own time is worthless and needs to screw around with cheap crap. This is taking him a week to do something that a tech can do in 2 minutes.

Ask an engineer what time it is and he'll tell you how to build a watch.

Reply to
Red

Rick if you've got 13vdc on the panel terminals for that zone with a end of line resistor off, I'd consider a broken loop. however if the voltage drops with the resistor on the terminals, thats normal. the small resistance you read on the wire is the loop resistance of the wire.. (ie,, resistance of copper per foot of length..) If the Fox sensor was set to NO and the resistor was in the device, then you may have an open ckt sensor in the loop somewhere.. If theFox sensor also had a capactor across the power leads, you may have had an RF problem on that loop. If the panel is earth grounded try reading resistance between each leg of the loop and the earth ground. any resistance showing is a sign of a possible bad insulation on the wire of that loop. Try reversing the leads on the terminals of that zone.

Hide quoted text -

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

feel free to send me the solution

Reply to
rickm

Hide quoted text -

Actually, no. This isn't what this group is for. We're not here to help DIYer's specifically. This is a forum for professionals to discuss industry related topics and generally let off a little steam.

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Don't forget the kicks and giggles!

**This post has been put through spell check fourteen times and has passed all tests**
Reply to
Bob Worthy

Only to people who didn't know how to install them.

I used them for years and they were very reliable. Not for amatures though. Unless you knew how to install them they were really hot, which is the reason I chose them over the competitors that would allow you to walk half way across the room before they would detect you and wouldn't at all, if you ran though the area. Only the lick and stic installers had problems with them. Visonic has always made good PIRs, for decades.

Reply to
Jim

Actually, no. It's not a forum at all. It's an ALT newsgroup where a number of people in the alarm industry as well as people who use alarms post questions, answers, opinions, jokes and flames. Regardless what the person who started the newsgroup had in mind, it is what it is. That said, questions from end users and DIYers are perfectly legitimate and deserving of answers. The problem is that a number of people like the above individual spend more time posting drivel than anything useful.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Uh, yeah. Now you just need a comma after the word times, a period at the end of your sentence, and possibly an article before the word spell.

Keep trying.

Reply to
alarman

I don't think Visonic has made those in 10-15 years now, almost as bad as DSC's Bravo 1

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Only to people who didn't know how to install them.

I used them for years and they were very reliable. Not for amatures though. Unless you knew how to install them they were really hot, which is the reason I chose them over the competitors that would allow you to walk half way across the room before they would detect you and wouldn't at all, if you ran though the area. Only the lick and stic installers had problems with them. Visonic has always made good PIRs, for decades.

Visonic does make good PIR's except for that one

Reply to
Mark Leuck

what is wrong with this post and isnt that what this group is for?

I believe I already stated what was wrong, you don't know what you are doing, a typical DIY'er

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.