Ademco Lynx REN - Error Question

Hi: I am a DIY-er, and have a panel that has been showing some weird behavior lately. It's been showing a Low Batt indication, while showing zones 30-33. This is after the system has been armed, away for a few mins. I have mostly wireless sensors, running roughly 3-15, and none of my zone #'s go into the 30's. I looked in my manual and it looks like these are zones for time/date, and other various functions. I thought it might be the backup battery up, so I replaced that, but it still shows the error condition. Could it be a bad power supply? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Rick

Reply to
Ricky C
Loading thread data ...

Do you have a keyfob? The upper zones are reserved for wireless keychain remotes.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Yes, I have two of them. Interesting. I also have a wireless keypad, think it's a 5828 Ademco pad. Thanks for the super quick reply Jim.

-Rick

Reply to
Ricky C

You might want to give each keyfob & wireless keypad a unique name in Alpha text. It will eliminate future confusion on what device is causing the low battery condition.

As long as you have the serial number programmed, the system will still monitor its battery status. Even you you disabled the zone type.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Jim, great idea man. I am okay at the easy stuff, not sure I know how to do this. But I will do some more research online and in my manual. I don't want to take up too much of your time, after all it's a Sunday. Just as long as the panel stops beeping, flashing error codes and the monitoring company isn't calling, the wife is happy. Thanks so much for the help.

-Rick

-Rick

Reply to
Ricky C

the 5828 low bat will show up as zone 00

Reply to
mleuck

Thanks guys for your time and expertise! Okay, keypad will show 00. What code will the keyfob show if it is running low on batteries? I was getting codes in the low 30's. Probably will change the batteries on the keypad and keyfobs anyway. Better to cover all bases. Jim mentioned assigning alpha values to these, just not sure how to. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks again guys.

-Rick

Reply to
Ricky C

I can walk you through it, or download your panel and add the alpha text to it.

Call me anytime 9am-10pm EST.

Jim Rojas (813) 884-6335

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Jim: You are too generous with your time. Thanks! It appears to have been the wireless keypad that was the issue. I have no idea how to tell what zone the keypad was assigned to when I registered it into the panel with the House ID. I assume it's the default field number. I hope to not take up too much of your time. What's a good time/day for you? Thanks so much!

-Rick

Reply to
Ricky C

Jim: My apologies, we have been without a home phone for the past day and a half. Verizon was doing some work up the street and managed to cut their lines for this entire zip code. They did this without alerting the subscribers in the area. Looks like we are without phones until this Saturday, best estimate I could get from them. Folks around here are hopping mad. That and the cell service in this area isn't the greatest. Spotty at best. Things are on hold for the moment. Is it okay if I call you early next week from the land line, assuming they have service restored by then. Sorry for the delay. Thanks again!

-Rick

Reply to
Ricky C

Sure. No problem.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.