Problems with door alarm system and cell backup package

I have had multiple problems with door alarm security plus the cell backup package set up by a national company for the last one month.

Initially zone 3 was giving them false alarm even though the alarm system was not activated. They came and changed the cell back up panel, the problem remained and then they reprogrammed the cell backup, problem remained and then they replaced the door alarm system panel. Now they are getting communication problem signal between the tower and the radio on premise.

The dealers told me they have to install an antenna and if it doesnt work, they will remove the whole system and refund me the money.

Anybody know what the freaking problem is and do I have to have an antenna installed to get the cell backup working ?

Can a local alarm installer do a better job than this national company and if so whats the best way to find a local installer who can install the system including the cell backup package without signing a long term contract for 2 years.

If a national company failed to get the alarm system working in my apartment complex, would a local dealer be able to get the cell backup working without any problems ?

Reply to
Zach
Loading thread data ...

The cell phone might well need the better antenna to get good reception, or the cell radio itself may need to be placed somewhere else in the house where it will get a better signal. I would bet that the alarms on zone 3 are trouble signals from the cell phone that are being mishandled by the provider or the central station. The national company should be able to resolve the issue. You might get the antenna free if you maintain the position that making it work is their problem. If they can't, you'll find someone who can. It only costs them about $15 and they should be willing to absorb that to keep you happy.

Good Luck! Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Does the antenna have to be placed outside the apartment ? If so, doesnt the cell backup package become useless since anybody can steal or make the antenna outside inoperable ?

Reply to
McGinn

How come the national company was not able to solve this problem so long. I have been having these multiple problems with the door alarm system and cell backup package for the last 4 weeks. They never got the system to work properly without any problems.

Reply to
Zach

which company are you dealing with and what city are you in? does your cell phone work at the place of the alarm?

Reply to
Joe

No, the antenna does not necessarily go outside. It is simply a higher gain antenna than the little antenna that comes with the cell radio. When dealing with radio, you sometimes can move a transmitter or receiver by a few inches and receive an entirely different result.

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

The big boys have good techs and poor techs. I suspect you got someone without much experience. Call back and talk to the installation manager. He will get someone to make it work. Just for the record, which "National" company are you dealing with? Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Not usually.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

ADT dealer.

Reply to
Zach

ADT dealer and my cell phone works fine.

Reply to
Zach

Thanks for finally responding like a gentleman.

Reply to
McGinn

I live in Chicago, do you want to join me for a drink

Reply to
Zach

you buying? :)

Reply to
Joe

You are welcome. When you ask a legitimate question, you will get legitimate answers.... from all of us! Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

I did ask legitimate question last month but everybody attacked me instead of responding to my security questions.

Reply to
McGinn

Sure but I am not gay.

Where do you live.

Reply to
Zach

Hmm could it be due to you telling people the NSA is f****ng their horny wives?

Naaa...

Reply to
Mark Leuck

PUSSY Mark YUCK,

Could it be due to you pissing and s*****ng in your pants when you hear the words FBI, CIA and NSA ?

Reply to
McGinn

"McGinn" a écrit dans le message de news:

44ac8be7$0$23764$ snipped-for-privacy@reader.corenews.com...

you asked a scyzo question,about a totally absurd possibility ...

here's the part that hurt the most,....

(quote) from original post "Is swann security good enough" on Tues, Jun 13

2006 6:39 pm I am doing this to protect myself from being harmed by the big brother. Its a one bedroom apartment with one door and two windows.

Anybody here who really values our constitution and human rights, please help how I can make it as hard as possible for the big brother crooks from getting inside my apartment. Any suggestions about ex-fbi or CIA agents practicing as private investigators with extensive knowledge in bug sweeps in the sanfrancisco area would also be very helpful.

(end of quote)

if you would have not post that part of the message you would have had reply from almost all of us with good info,but since your post make all of us think that you don't take all your pills,especially the lithium one,we don't loose our time on such idiotic question,now go on with your rant telling me I am the fbi too...Shhhheeee!

Reply to
Pierre

the one that is pissing in his pant is you,every damn night...... Big brother is here to catch you!

"McGinn" a écrit dans le message de news:

44ac8e19$0$23767$ snipped-for-privacy@reader.corenews.com...
Reply to
Pierre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.