FBII XL-21 installer code override

Hi,

I just moved into a new home with a FBII XL-21 alarm system. Previous owner didn't leave me any information about the code and the alarm company that they used no longer in business.

I have tried reseting the system and was able to reset the master user code. However, I can't program the alarm because the default installer code doesn't seem to be working. Perhaps it has been changed or being locked out using software. Is there a way that I can override the previous installer code or reset it?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

attica

Reply to
attica
Loading thread data ...

Contact a local alarm company, they "may" be able to unlock it for you but I'd suggest that you get a real alarm system (panel). The company that you call is likely going to suggest that you change the panel though. You might think that they're just trying to get you to spend the money on new equipment however, the XL 2 series panels where ok but they were really low-end equipment. Most alarm companys that I know would probably suggest that you change out the panel anyway, even if they could unlock it for you. To give you some idea of the value .....If I remember right, that panel sold for about $39.00, dealer price. Even if I weren't in the business, I'd want something better than that protecting my property and family.

Really, get a new panel installed.

Reply to
Jim

Either you are using the wrong default program code, or you have a LCD keypad, which requires you to push a few more keys to access programming.

Reply to
A.J.

I followed the installer's manual to reset the system and was able to use the default master user code, etc.

I have a LED panel and the default installer code just wouldn't work. Either I mis-identified the model, which so happen to be able to reset using the same method or the installer code is locked, because this model does have that capability, according to the manual.

thanks!

attica

"A.J." wrote in news:ikzhk.89073$kx.48468@pd7urf3no:

Reply to
attica

Then you may have a custom version of the XL2. It's defaulted alright, but the installer code is something else altogether. I ran into one where the default code is 2468.

It's cheaper to get a new board.

Reply to
A.J.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.