Humans invisible to heat sensors?

Anyone heard of clothing or other device which makes an intruder invisible to heat-sensing type of sensor (part of domestic security sytem)? (1) Last night friends activated ground floor zone at 11.45pm. (2) Approx 2.55am burglars threw paving stone through ground floor window, got in and left with 42" HD plasma TV - alarm did not go off. (3) Owners woken by noise, went downstairs, switched off system at

3am. Today alarm professionally tested and apparently working OK. Print-out shows 1 and 3, no activity of any kind between. What happened? Vague hint that there are ?clothes ?devices that make the wearer/user invisible to these sensors. About to take up expensive contract with national name (UK) and would appreciate advice.
Reply to
Roselnathan
Loading thread data ...

its possible to be invisible to standard IR detectors..

1. if you move really slow...
  2. or - the coverage area is very hot and masks your body heat...
  3. or - you wear the checkerboard army issue coversuit, which has been known to freakout IR vision and detection equipment..

RTS

Reply to
Rocky T Squirrel

If they were *home*, chances are the detector was bypassed. You should check if the "auto-bypass" or "stay" feature is enabled. If you arm the system and don't leave and can walk in front of the sensor without setting off the system then "auto-bypass" is enabled. To arm the sensor you have to open and close the main exit door. If the system is monitored, please ensure that you call the station before you do any testing.

Reply to
Frank Olson

They heard all that noise and switched OFF the alarm system? Kinda weird eh?

IF there was a PIR in the area they broke into, it may have not been armed...especially if the client was Home(Stay).

Roselnathan wrote:

Reply to
Crash

AMERICAN SLAVE DOG Crash,

Still you cant figure out why this PSYCHOPATHIC PUSSY posted this weird comment ?

Your momma should have SWALLOWED.

Reply to
McGinn

Reply to
Roselnathan

I recommend the addition of a glass break detector in the room with the window they broke. If a motion sensor is close by (within the coverage area of the glass break), you can mount it next to the PIR and avoid having to run a lot more wire. If there are extra zones available on the system and the zone common is shared, you could wire it in such a way as to have seperate zones for the glass break and the PIR and still use the same four conductor already home run to the panel.

If your client is going to replace the TV through insurance you should advise him that in some cases the perps wait for two or three weeks and then repeat their original break-in to steal the replacement. I don't know what your client will do when the alarm goes off at 0230 in the morning and the crooks are actually *in* the premises. The glass break detector will activate the alarm *before* they can actually gain entry (as soon as the window is smashed). It may be enough to discourage them from coming in but you never know. I would definitely have the system monitored. Consider some form of backup in case they compromise the telephone lines too.

Reply to
Frank Olson

None of these security systems work with the EVIL AMERICAN GOVT FBI, CIA and NSA PSYCHOPATHS. They installed SECRET VIDEO and AUDIO VIDEO SURVEILLANCE DEVICES in your and your friends HOUSES and are WATCHING everybody INCLUDING your 5yr old - 17 yr old UNDER AGE KIDS attending natures calls and taking shower and MASTURBATING in their OFFICES in Fort George Meade Md, Edgar Hoover bldg in Washington DC and Langley, VA.

And the DUMB, STUPID 300 mil AMERICAN MORONS WORSHIP these EVIL AMERICAN GOVT PSYCHOPATHS, SADISTS and PERVERTS.

formatting link

For your ENJOYMENT, EVIL AMERICAN GOVT FBI, CIA and NSA PSYCHOPATHS will DROP their WEAPON and RUN LIKE HELL CRYING Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy if you given them and Non-american EXACTLY THE SAME WEAPON and asked to FIGHT.

DEFINITION of BRAVERY as per EVIL FBI, CIA and NSA PSYCHOPATHS:

Entering american civilian apartments during the night time LIKE PUSSIES (ooops I guess that is BRAVERY as per American govt DEFINITION) and SECRETLY inserting synthetic telepathy chips and torturing them for years and years.

Roflmao.............

MYTH: America is a LAND of the FREE and HOME of the BRAVE

FACT: America is a LAND of the SLAVES and HOME of the PUSSIES.

Reply to
McGinn

Where can I get a glass break detector.

The security guy who installed my door alarm and cell backup package programmed the door alarm security for 5 zones but he said the cell backup package will only give a signal to the central station only as Zone 1 no matter which zone is broke. He said the problem is he cannot get the ademco alarmnet cell backup system to program with ECP.

Do you know if this guy is really a security expert or just bs'ing to me.

Is there any additional layer of security backup on top of the cell backup package. Assuming the perps are sophisticated security experts, what other alternative backups or measures can one take on top of the cell backup package.

Reply to
Zach

Paul...is that you again? Looks like you really cooked the goose this time.

BTW, when you were told to avoid the brown acid, you should have listened.

Reply to
enigma

PSYCHOPATHIC PUSSY Enigma,

When you were told to avoid BEHEADING, you should have listened.

Reply to
McGinn

What makes you think I have a head? Maybe I'm just a CIA Usenet bot placed here to toy with you while our "other" plans are being carried out.

Reply to
enigma

Dont worry, PSYCHOPATHIC EVIL US GOVT PUSSY Enigma,

Your IP address 67.171.196.75 is noted and will become PART of the POLICE FILES very soon.

If ANYTHING HAPPENS to me, I am sure the MEDIA and the COPS will be KNOCKING ON YOUR DOORS interviewing YOU, YOUR WIFE, YOUR KIDS, YOUR ex-friends, YOUR relatives, YOUR neighbors, YOUR Colleagues.

BROWN ACID ? .........THREATENING to MURDER and MAIM ME ?

Dont worry, PSYCHOPATHIC EVIL US GOVT PUSSY Enigma,

Your IP address 67.171.196.75 is noted and will become PART of the POLICE FILES very soon.

If ANYTHING HAPPENS to me, I am sure the MEDIA and the COPS will be KNOCKING ON YOUR DOORS interviewing YOU, YOUR WIFE, YOUR KIDS, YOUR ex-friends, YOUR relatives, YOUR neighbors, YOUR Colleagues.

On second thoughts, I think I am going to add FBI director Robert Mueller II, NSA director Keith Alexander, CIA director Hayden, Intelligence Chief Negroponte, Defense secretary Rumsfeld to the LIST of CONSPIRATORS attempting to MAIM and MURDER me.

Trust me, it will be done in the next two days.

Reply to
McGinn

The only neighbors I have are in the cell next to yours.

Reply to
enigma

Dont worry PSYCHOPATHIC EVIL US GOVT PUSSY Enigma,

Reply to
McGinn

Contact your installation company.

That's pretty "usual" for a generic cellular communicator. Some have more inputs that allow you to supervise the phone line, a seperate panic button, etc.

Don't know him. Did you check his credentials and references? In some Provinces and States (Countries), installers are required to be licensed and bonded.

Unless the cell network goes down, you should be OK. Most cellemetry systems don't use the voice channel of the network. They use the "control" channel. I've never had a problem with a cellular communicator *not* transmitting a signal. If you can get on AlarmNet, then that is preferred because you're not using a "middleman" to transmit the signals to your CS (central station).

Good luck!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

I'm a bit confused as to whether Roselnathan and Zach are the same person, and whether this job is in the UK. If so, your Ademco panels are likely different from the US versions, and the control panel may not support ECP reporting. Most of the newer US Ademco panels do.

Your installer should have a programmer for the radio. It looks like a keypad on a cable that plugs into the radio. It is possible to program the radio without one, but I would expect a good installer to have one. Since the radio defaults to ECP mode, the control panel is probably not programmed to transmit data to the radio, assuming the panel is capable of doing so.

If you are in the UK, your choices in alarm equipment may be limited by the policies of the police. False alarms are anathema these days, and can result in rapid withdrawal of police response.

However, if you want something more than cell backup, ask your installer about Redcare. This is a service that protects your telephone line. An even better option is Redcare GSM, which is a combination of the Redcare service and a GSM radio. Each watches the other. That is a common high security configuration in the UK.

- badenov

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Are you confusing others by confusing yourself.

Your emphasis on this point is noted which is what you wanted, didnt you.

Is Redcare and Redcare GSM available in USA and are these services provided by ADT ?

Reply to
Zach

"Zach" a écrit dans le message de news: e8p3mb$da7$ snipped-for-privacy@nntp.aioe.org...

What type of panel do you have?

cause the alarmnet device can only connected in ecp to ademco or first alert panel and they need to have a revision not too old to handle ecp programming..

if you do have such a panel and he could not use the ecp mode..be careful..

Reply to
Petem

Redcare is a name for the service supplied by the phone provider. (BT) In Australia the same system is called Securitel. I would imagine the technology is used in the US but I don't know what it is called there.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.