Question for security alarms experts

I have door alarm and cell backup package with one of the national security companies.

It was installed last week. Three days ago the zone 2 alarm went off and they called me even though I was at home and the system was not even armed. It happenbed three times on the same day. So I called up the tech and they came and re-programmed my door alarm today afternoon.

Half an hour ago, I got a call again from the service provider that my alarm is going off even though I am still at home and I did not even arm my system.

Anybody know whats going on, where the problem is and if anybody is deliberately doing it so as to dupe me ito thinking that it was a false alarm when I go out in the future.

Reply to
Brent
Loading thread data ...

My guess is that the technician has the cell wired wrong or central station is receiving a cell "trouble" and interpreting is as an alarm Find out from the central station what signal they are receiving. If they are receiving a digital signal and no cell signal, they may have assigned you an account number that is in use by someone else, who by now, is wondering why no one is responding to their alarm.

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

I've seen this before. Call your alarm provider and schedule a technician to come out and change the account number. They've obviously programmed another system with the same account code. You can verify this if they log the call display information for your alarm and the signals they're receiving from the other.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Same asnwers as the others have stated, but to further point out, when you call the Central station, verify with the operator, and the technician that comes out that indeed the signal coming in is just a trouble signal, which the CO has in the database (or the operator is decoding) as an actual "Alarm" signal. More or likely I would say it's a trouble signal which could be a wiring issue on the installers part. If a service call has been reported already, have the service manager give you a call to go over each of the signals before the technican comes out. They will more or likely be able to give you the exact details of what is going on with better knowledge than an uninformed operator.

Good Luck,

Signalman

Everywhere Man wrote:

Reply to
Signalman1968

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.