Need Advice For Packaged Home Alarm Purchase

What do you consider a "junk" system?? $1200.00 for a perimeter system?? I think you're gonna have to revise that figure upwards a bit.

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

Anyone know why I can't see badenov's posts? (Except when quoted) I don't have anyone blocked. js

Reply to
alarman

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

I'd love to know how I can get hurt from a newsgroup post? As for my bullshit posts I've never claimed to post anything but bullshit. Those rare occassions where my posts are on-topic happen by accident but I am trying to correct that with a new profanity laced spell check (available from Loxxon.com). I'm not here to compare internet johnsons with other posters, nor am I here as a goodwill ambassador for the industry. I'm just voicing my opinion of this retarded flame fest between the two extremely skilled and knowledgeable techs and if you don't like my opinion tough shit. Spare me the bullshit threats of internet harm, Jack. First of all you don't scare me, and secondly you can post whatever the f*ck you want about me whenever the f*ck you want but at the end of the day you're only continuing to do the same shit you always bellyache about others doing. Seems that high horse is starting to be seen at eye level.

alarman wrote:

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

There was no threat, dummy. That part was humor, which you didn't get. As for your opinions, my point was that I can post whatever I want, as can you, and if you don't like it, well tough shit. You apparently didn't get that either. And finally, I found it ironic that you of all people were suggesting that I change course. Step off, Tom. js

Reply to
alarman

Nah Tom, Cooper is a genius compared to any of the left wing, Liberal jackasses we just booted out !! And, I reserve my profanity for those who REALLY deserve it....no one here on this NG certainly; nor anyone that I actually know; hell... not the devil himself........just gun hating, lying, scumbag politicians.

Can you imagine anyone with an ounce of brains suggesting that seizing all legally owned handguns in the hands of legitimate Canadian owners is going to solve the Toronto gun problem !!!!!!!! When will these idiots realize legal owners are not the problem ! It's called "pap for the public".....create an artificial problem and "solve" it to appear to be doing something, while the real problem of smuggling remains. Nor do they have the political will to deal with the major source of smuggling...the Indian reservation at Ackwesasne....or smugglers simply coming across the border with a trunkload of guns. And our unarmed border guards sure aren't going to argue with them. I suspect the new Conservative government will handle things quite differently !! (and it's bloody well time in my opinion.....).

We're also looking forward to the end of the long gun registry, although the urban paranoids are already creating a noise about it, in an attempt to sabotage any attempts to end the foolish program !! And given the Conservatives tenuous hold on power, it may well be shuffled to the backburner !! It will be a frosty Friday in Hell before any hoodlum goes through the expense, effort, and licensing I endure to own legal handguns.

A great many years ago, I was at a gun store in Shelburne, Vermont (which has the most liberal gun laws just about anywhere). In came a very ominous looking dude with New York State plates on his Cadillac. He whipped out a huge wad of bills and bought at least 30 or 40 handguns on the spot (which you could do in those days), and drove away (presumably back to New York City, where they have some of the most stringent laws on the books in the US). In some ways, it's too simplistic to suggest that the "bad guys" are gonna get guns regardless of the laws, but when I saw this I really had to wonder why we're helping them......

Gun control is not an easy or black and white issue. Politicians polarizing people with idiot statements only make it harder to come up with laws that actually do something without stepping all over the interests of legitimate owners.

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

My Newsreader is behaving rather weirdly too... I keep getting the same message repeated over and over (but only in certain threads). It must be "sunspots" or somethin'(or maybe my foil hat needs adjustment). As for "Badenov's" post, if you need to see it without the "snarky comments" from Bass then let us know and I'll "bump" it. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yeh, I noticed it was a short post.

Just pulling your chain, dick lick.

Yep, and don't you forget your "pacifier".

Reply to
Jim

Mark is fat and has a dead end job because he hasn't got the intelligence to do anything else. So you'll have to excuse his need to butt in. He's lonely.

Reply to
Jim

Don't flatter yourself suck-a-dick.

I'm not your type.

You need someone who thinks you're not too disgusting to be within 10 feet of you.

Reply to
Jim

Nah, nothing like that Russell.

Ya see, Jack-off, likes to get into the name calling thing. Ya know? Like, just because he doesn't like what I say, he has to pop up and in a thread, that he hasn't contributed to, nor said anything else in, and make a nasty remark and use derogatory comments to and about me. Not that I've said anything to or about him, just, he feels it's OK to do that and , I guess, because he knows I'm not just going to I G N O R E him.

Bass has been a trouble maker in this Newsgroup for years and somewhere along the line, when Jack-off, started posting in the group, along with his asshole buddy Mark, they, insisted that the way to deal with him was to I G N O R E him. I disagreed because ignoring him simply lets the slimey arrogant agitator get away with his surreptitious duping of the end users who come here. If nobody points out the bad things that people in this group try to put over on the end users, they, not knowing the history, background and alternatives ..... will just go away with incorrect information. You'll also notice by the way, that the majority of the "regulars" in this group, do, in fact agree with me. There are more people who have outwardly disagreed with Bass's conduct than who haven't.

In spite of the fact that Jack-off promotes ignoring people one may not like or agree with in Usenet, he just can't seem to follow his own advice. Contrary to his own advice, he too, chastises Bass, when the impluse takes him and he impulsively and provocatively posts name calling, and spiteful, nasty remarks to me too. I won't ignore him and will gladly provide him with the same kind of nasty treatment he seems to like to hypocritically, dish out. It's good to show up a hypocrite.

That's all there is to it. I don't provoke him. He provokes me. I respond. He calls me names. I call him names. When he stops. I stop. It's all really that simple and stupid.

I figure that if I'm dealing with a simpleton, I've got to stoop to his level in response, for him to be able to understand that ........ it's not nice to do things like that. However, it seems that I may have miscalculated. I've over estimated his intelligence ..... therefore he's got to be approached at a much lower and base level that he can better understand.

Thus you have the conditions as you see them now.

When he stops. I stop.

Reply to
Jim

Actually Russell, I've never used those terms.

I defer to you're apparent better "grasp" on the subject :-)

Reply to
Jim

WOW! I guess sitting alone at night with nothing to do and no where to go you're become one of those introverted prescients. Knowing what other people are thinking and all. Didn't they do a movie about someone like you? Willard ...... wasn't it?

Reply to
Jim

Willard is about a guy with rats, since Michael Jackson did the soundtrack is this another gay tie-in?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Ha ha ha ha ha.................

Reply to
Russell Brill

I was attempting to sanitize the situation a little, I'm sorry if my cleaner descriptions of your favorite subjects offended you...

Reply to
Russell Brill

Uh, no, no and nope. Ignorance is your strong suit......isn't it.....? js

Reply to
alarman

I suspect I should diagram the alarm layout and consider the number of zones I'll need. Makes sense to me to have cable pulled for all the smoke alarms, temp sensors (though I forgot why I need heat sensors if I have smoke alarms installed) and glass breaks, Turns out a neighbor has a good buddy who works for an alarm company who's going to drop by.

Miek

Reply to
Mike

If he's going to install the system for you make certain he carries adequate worker's comp. As another poster here mentioned, if you hire someone that's "moon-lighting" and he's injured in your house, you're liable to wind up in a heap of pain...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.