Moose Z900 Software

Anyone still have upload/download software for the Moose panels?

Thanks, Allan Waghalter snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

Reply to
Allan Waghalter
Loading thread data ...

Transport PC

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

GE Security still has it available for free download from their website. You need a password but they give it out to anyone in the trade.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thanks... I got it! Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Eww that was some horrible software

Reply to
mleuck

You're welcome.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

It was simple stuff, but the panels were so basic in those days that they could be programmed quickly by hand.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

You would be suprised how many people are still out there programming by hand and do not own a laptop or other computer. They use very basic panels like the FBII XLT etc becuse they refuse to get with the technology

Reply to
nick markowitz

I ran across a company that still uses Acron panels. Talk about stubborn...

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Absolutely right. I get calls quite regularly from people who've been quoted on systems using really basic panels. They're usually amazed to find out how little the hardware actually costs, even at online stores like mine.

OTOH, there are companies like the one I ran where each technician had a laptop. I suspect that's more common among smaller outfits than the big, nationals.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

I was told by someone at one of the manufacturers that less than 5% use downloading software which is the reason why they don't put much effort in creating it. companies used panels like the XL2/T partly because it was fine for most small installations but mostly because they were cheap panels not because they didn't want to use the software.

Reply to
mleuck

Where do they get the parts?

Reply to
mleuck

Jim's garage.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Worse...I got a guy here in town that still supports the old Napco chip stuff...wanted to buy my old programmer but didn't want to spend any money....go figure.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

They had laptops in the 50's ??

:-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yup still have tons of AT&T 8000's grinding away, they just won't die

Reply to
mleuck

Watch it there, you young whippersnapper.

Regards, Robert

Reply to
RLB

I wanted the DL software because I had an issue after hand programming. The panel would seize the line, get a dial tone, but would not begin dialing until after the dial tone timed out. I thought that it may have been so long since I had programmed one of these, I missed something. I now think that the problem is DSL on the line so the panel isn't getting a clean dial tone. My T-44 butt set that will tell me if I have DSL present is at the factory for service and I didn't think to ask about DSL when I took over the account. I am going back on Monday with a filter. That is probably all I need..

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Yes, it was called an abacus... :)

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Nah .... further back than that.

It was called "fingers and toes".

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.