Moose panels

Periodically I buy up old panels in bulk from a lot of the local installers who work for a variety of large companies here in town. When they are doing takeovers, the old panels are thrown out, and I buy them for pennies on the dollar, and put a lot of the older DSC and Paradox panels back on the shelf for service. Recently, I got three Moose panels and keypads that were brand new in the box as part of a deal, and I'm wondering if these are worth keeping, or junking. Two are the Moose Z900 with can and keypad, and one is the Sentrol ZX400 12 zone panel with can but no keypad. I hate to throw out something that someone might be able to put to good use.

Any of the regulars had any experience with these ? As far as I know, nobody locally deals with these panels at all. Anybody want them for the price of shipping (remember, I'm in Canada....)

R.H.Campbell Home Security Metal Products

formatting link

Reply to
tourman
Loading thread data ...

I gave up on Moose after the MPI 50.

Reply to
Roland Moore

I just want certain people to know I have struggled to refrain from posting about this line of alarm panels and certain maritime accessories

Please continue your message browsing...

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That was unfortunate, Roland. The Z1100 series were excellent panels while MPI was still building them. I started using Moose Products with the MPI-25.

BTW, I beta tested the short-lived MPI-26 for Wade. I still remember the house where I installed it. That system was still working in 2000, the last time I spoke to the owner. We monitored it for decades and the only service it ever needed was an occasional replacement of the backup battery. It was a very simple installation -- all door and window contacts. They had dogs so we didn't use motion and I wasn't using glass break detectors at the time.

Most of the Z1100 series panels we installed many years ago were still in service five years ago when I sold the alarm company. Judging from comments since then from the buyers, they're still working today. I wish my cars would last half as long as those old Moose systems. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

"Robert L Bass" wrote more lies in a message

[Cough!]

I still remember the house where I installed it. That system was still working

[Cough!!]

had dogs so we didn't

Decades ago? [Cough!!!]

service five years ago when I sold the alarm company.

Time lines anyone?

And you keep in touch with all the clients of your modest alarm company, you sold five years ago, to see if their system still work? [Cough!!!]

I wish my cars would last half as long as those old

Have them serviced by professionals and they probably would.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Ok, I guess from this response Mark, you don't think much of these panels. I did have someone contact me privately; however, he is in the USA and shipping costs with the cans is atrocious. Perhaps he doesn't need the cans which could keep the price of shipping down...

Otherwise, I guess they're garbage....

RHC

Mark Leuck wrote:

Reply to
tourman

They weren't that bad. I think Mark had a traumatic experience with Moose - one of his family members was trampled by a drunk Moose..something like that.

| > I just want certain people to know I have struggled to refrain from posting | > about this line of alarm panels and certain maritime accessories | >

| > Please continue your message browsing... |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

MPI was still building them. I started using Moose

That's pretty damn irresponsible. How many other poor victims errrm... customers did you supply with what amounts to free equipment for which you charged your "modest" markup? Remember the video switcher you "donated" to the Fireman's Museum in Pa? It was a free "demo" too, yet you wound up with a $150.00 tax receipt for what amounts to something that wasn't even "yours" to get...

dogs so we didn't

So the customer wound up with a substandard system based on a panel that was being "beta tested"... Wow...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Don't make me come over there. js

Reply to
alarman

How much does it cost to buy enough booze to get a moose drunk? I have never had the cash necessary to party with them myself.

Reply to
Roland

I think you can only get the proper "maritime accessories" by getting a large stack of them and backing over them until there is nothing left save a large metallic mass.

Reply to
Roland

Naah. It was simpler than that. A moose raced him when he was riding his recumbent bicycle and just as he was about to take the lead the moose made a mess in the road. Leuck went down face first into the moose dung. There's a picture of him which proves it on Stevens' website.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That depends. Are we talking vodka or beer?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

If you find a sale on Moosehead beer, it's really not that expensive to party with mooses.. (meese? moose?)...

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Dunno but they are freekin big...I had one chase me around up at Jellystone once. Scart me sober.

| >

| > | > I just want certain people to know I have struggled to refrain from | > posting | > | > about this line of alarm panels and certain maritime accessories | > | >

| > | > Please continue your message browsing... | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
Roland

My father was killed in an accident caused by a truck carrying a number of Moose Z1100, FBI XL4800, Ademco 4120EC and DSC WLS900 panels.

It was terrible, boards all over...I may never get over it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

:)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

was riding a snow mobile thru Yellowstone and the guy that rented it warned us to be extra careful. seems a guy came around a corner and hit one a few weeks earlier and it killed him.

Reply to
Don

It's moose. According to the Moosehead Beer website, 3% of all road accidents in Canada involve a moose. You'd think that by now the authorities would have shot it.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.