Compass Software

And...it's free.

| > Thanks in advance. | | | Sure. Go to your nearest ADI and have grab a new one... better yet... log | onto their website and download it!! | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

You can download it from the Ademco Website.

James

Reply to
James

Why would you do that?

| >>

| >> | > Thanks in advance. | >> | | >> | | >> | Sure. Go to your nearest ADI and have grab a new one... better yet... | >> log | >> | onto their website and download it!! | >> | | >> | | >

| > Won't he have to contact Bass to get the password? :-)) | | Naah. Everyone already knows it. | honeywell | support99 | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

post the un/pw for ademco tech site access.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Won't he have to contact Bass to get the password? :-))

Bob

Reply to
Robertm

Naah. Everyone already knows it. honeywell support99

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I got to ask, does a child maintain that Compass web page ...!??

the actual Software itself aint much to speak of either, but man, that web page is gotta be some kind of joke. Why cant they at least give out the API for developers to make some decent software?

And Im not taking sides, but its not exactly the most secure web site to get into ..

I might add, I got into the download web site without a User or Password with some simple browser tweaking, darn, is this the company that makes my alarm panels!?? Shucks :-(

Reply to
cctvbahamas

oh yeah, that doesnt mean I cracked it, i just turned off some things and it didnt ask me any questions :-)

Reply to
cctvbahamas

You have to ask?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Notice he doesn't post Napco's login

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Do what?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I am looking for the Compass software. I have misplaced my CD in the move from one house to another and I need to setup my system again. It was on my PC until I recently got slammed with Spyware...(hijacker). Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Coaster Boy

Sure. Go to your nearest ADI and have grab a new one... better yet... log onto their website and download it!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Which only proves that you're no longer in the trade, and certainly don't support the Group's FAQ.

Reply to
Frank Olson

For the same reason he's here. For the same reason he sells dealer-only software to end-users. As far as I'm concerned *any* alarm professional that continues to give this man the "benefit of the doubt" (or hides behind the excuse of "non-involvement") after this, doesn't understand the meaning of the words "security", "integrity", or "ethics". Robert Bass is *not* in the security profession and certainly should not be accorded respect as such. He's a "parts pusher" and not even an honest one.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Time to wake up, bud. js

Reply to
alarman

It can't be that much of a secret. I've looked into monitoring companies and so far, two companies offered to give me the software for free if I sign up with them. I'm a DIY not an alarm professional and from where I sit, it looks like Ademco treats it like freeware. The UN/PW has been posted many times so I'm assuming Honeywell either winks and looks the other way or else condones it outright. I can't see their not being aware.

Bob

Reply to
Robertm

I have it, but who'd want it?

| >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Why? Because it's for alarm professional who understand the language and know what programming changes can do. Personally, I think it's irresponsible for someone to post un/pw for any alarm software that is meant for trained personnel.

| It can't be that much of a secret. I've looked into monitoring companies and | so far, two companies offered to give me the software for free if I sign up | with them. I'm a DIY not an alarm professional and from where I sit, it | looks like Ademco treats it like freeware. The UN/PW has been posted many | times so I'm assuming Honeywell either winks and looks the other way or else | condones it outright. I can't see their not being aware. | | Bob | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

that should be reported to ADI or the appropriate authorities.

Reply to
moe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.