Bass Burhglar Alarms

I've been too busy lately to spend time in USENET. Besides opening another online store I'm also adding a few thousand new products to my existing websites -

formatting link
formatting link
and
formatting link

A few folks sent birthday cards (which I read weeks later upon my return from Brazil). Thanks for the thoughts, as well as the concern from several who sent e-mail and two who called to ask if all was well.

I noticed a lengthy thread with questions and suppositions about my website. The phone numbers are changing because I selected a new VoIP provider. The number on my contact page is tremporary and will soon be replaced by a new 800 number. We're setting up a server-based auto attendant to direct calls to customer service, technical support or sales. Hopefully, the queue system will function as planned, eliminating long waits and busy signals which have been a royal pain for a while now.

Our address is changing, too. I'm in the process of purchasing a larger home with more office space and more bedrooms (Brazilian relatives keep drifting in :)).

Now for the on topic part of the post. I'm looking for someone with extensive knowledge of security, fire and communications systems to help with telephone sales. Hours and work week scheduling are flexible. Commissions should top $100K if you're willing to work. VoIP services allow you to work from home or just about anyplace else with a broadband connection.

If you have a broad-based knowledge of security systems, a pleasant but persuasive (non-agressive) phone manner and would like to strike out on your own, please contact me at your convenience.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass
Loading thread data ...

Welcome back, Robert... I missed ya, ya big lug!!!

Uh-huh.... sure... You might want to check on the last one... It seems that "X-10" may have an issue with your "ownership" of that site... And for pete's sake... fix the frickin' top tabs at B-H!!! How about "Rfreshing" the spelling too... And the bogus security codes on the BBA pages really make cruisin' the site slo-oOoOo-w.

I would have called and written too... But I figured if you were really sick, hearing from me would probably give you a "kanipshun" and put you "over the edge"...

Uh-huh... I also noticed you took down the "about us" page on the BBA site. You going to "Rfresh" that too???

Contragulations!!! Do your Napco and Elk panels all work with it?? Or did you keep your "Pots" line too??

Why not use the same one as "B-H"??

Lesse... would that be the blue, lime-green, and red phones on your desk?? :-))

No need to tell us... We've also seen the complaints...

Why not simply add an extension to the trailer?? Pitch a tent by the pool???

Be still, my beating heart!!!

Translation... be prepared to answer the phone when Robert doesn't... Would that be on "Florida time"???

And hopefully, no more complaints get filed with the BBB!!! I'll bet that puts a real crimp in the old sales volume...

Uh-huh... and if you use a wireless network, you could "sell from the throne"...

In other words... if you're willing to work with an unlicensed, unbonded, convicted felon, don't mind the fact that the company you're working for has numerous unanswered complaints at the BBB, then feel free to call and leave a message... *if* you can get through... *if* the voice mail box isn't full... *if* he answers his email...

Reply to
Frank Olson

formatting link
Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

formatting link
Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Yep, that one has a link to one of RLBs sites

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Actually...i think it's

formatting link
is registered to someone in Sarasota, Flodera.

| > Uh-huh.... sure... You might want to check on the last one... It seems | > that "X-10" may have an issue with your "ownership" of that site... | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

No it's Weird

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Well, when you head off to Brazil for weeks at a time...

Reply to
Matt Ion

A little confusing wouldn't you say?? I had noticed the "who-is" before (just didn't post it), but the "Versign" points to X-10.com... As Mark would say: "wierd"...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Uh-huh.

Nope. Their website ends in .com while mine ends in .us. The similarity ends there. I sell very few X-10 products. They sell nothing but.

I've actually been working on that. The second site was generated from the main one but there were numerous errors in it -- broken links, etc. Since it's primary purpose is to reflect links to the

formatting link
site, it wasn't a high priority problem. With the work on our newest site going forward I decided to fix everything once and for all.

That's a redirect of the 404 page and it's going away soon anyway.

make cruisin' the site slo-oOoOo-w.

There are no security codes, bogus or otherwise on my pages. Only the SCART is encrypted once you get to the page that asks for personal information. Everything else is ordinary HTML. If you have trouble "cruisin" it's probably your machine or your connection. There is one exception to that. When I "generate" the websites the system creates nearly 20,000 static HTML pages for each website. During that time period page delivery slows to a crawl and 404 errors ("Rfreshing" as they may be:)) are common.

Brazil). Thanks for the thoughts, as well as the concern from several who sent e-mail and two who called to ask if all was well.

sick, hearing from me would probably give you a "kanipshun" and put you

"over the edge"...

Do you really believe that you have that much affect on anyone?

You going to "Rfresh" that too???

Nope. The page contained multiple references to the

formatting link
website. The same database is used to generate multiple sites. If you look at my pages long enouogh (and apparently you do) you'll notice that the body of each page is generic

-- it makes no reference to the website itself. That means no more "about us" page.

you keep your "Pots" line too??

I haven't tried yet. I'll let you know when I do.

new 800 number.

I wanted something easy to remember. You'll see it when it's published later this week.

service, technical support or sales.

If it makes you feel better to pretend my site is still a one-man operation, feel free.

and busy signals which have been a royal pain for a while now.

Mm-hmm. All three of them.

with more office space and more bedrooms (Brazilian relatives keep drifting in :)).

Great idea. The only problem is the lanai at the new house is almost as big as the entire current home. When the sale is complete I'm sure you or someone else here will look it up in the county's website.

You're asking for a heart stoppage???

communications systems to help with telephone sales. Hours and work week scheduling are flexible.

Not quite. Sales calls are routed to the commission salesman's station. Only if s/he is busy or away will they come to my station.

Naah, Bahian time. :^)

puts a real crimp in the old sales volume...

Sales volume is fine. The problem is finding time to answer every sales call. That's why I need to hire someone. I estimate that for every sale I make there are from one to three more who go unanswered. Customer service has improved significantly since I got help in that arena. Hopefully we can have an equally positive affect on sales when there are two (or more?) folks handling incoming calls.

broadband connection.

True. Besides I'd never be "flush" out of ideas. :)

persuasive (non-agressive) phone manner and would like to strike out on your own, please contact me at your convenience.

You couldn't keep it civil for one whole post, eh? That's unfortunate.

Reply to
robertlbass

to someone in Sarasota, Flodera.

Yep. That would be me.

In my prior post I accidentally left out the .com.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

registered to someone in Sarasota, Flodera.

was that "bahamian" time :-))))

where yah been rob ..?

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Too late. Frank, you failed. Your very first post responding to bass was contentious. Now go into the corner and face the wall. js

Reply to
alarman

I could use a 100K a year.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

f i r e f o x ..... yippie!! :-))))

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Weird he'd get that wrong, eh??

Reply to
Frank Olson

And you expect to be "forgiven" and have everyone here forget about everything you've said and done in the last seven years in this Newsgroup (and others) after a thirty day absence?? There isn't a single thing I've said that isn't truthful in the last remark (which you've snipped). Since I don't want to "start" anything here, I'll let that go... for now.

As for BBA... I should tell you to enable security alerts on your web browser (if you're using IE). You'll notice that every page you try to load comes up with a bogus message that you're cruising a "secure site". From what I've seen, the only part of your site that is secure is the shopping cart (as it should be). I'd check and compare the headers in the similar pages at B-H where they haven't been "corrupted" by the "secure site" encoding if I were you.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yes... You're absolutely right... How about I just go stand behind my counter?? :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Guess again. That's one of my websites.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

All it takes is work... lots of it.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.