Moose

Blue print for a Moose R-900. Or an ADT I have an old one I want to modifie.

Reply to
Rich
Loading thread data ...

Blue print?...you mean a schematic? Kinda doubt you'll find that kind of info. I have a program manual for it buried somewhere, or Jim Rojas surely does.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I have both manuals I wanted to modify it I did It's done already.

Thank You

Reply to
Rich

Modify it to do what?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

From a boat anchor to a door stop. js

Reply to
alarman

Ain't that the truth.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

That'll be tough, there is one thing a Moose panel is designed for and that is a boat anchor, to alter that would be to go against nature

Reply to
Mark Leuck

When using it as a boat anchor, do you leave the cabinet door unlocked?? Or is it more effective with the door open?? :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

The laws of nature are sometimes twisted beyond recognition, with horrifying results: The Duckbill Platypus. The Elephant Man. Dennis Rodman. js

Reply to
alarman

Hey guys, what exactly was wrong with Moose panels that made them such a liability. I have never programmed one, but I have removed many in the process of upgrading customers to newer equipment, and they appear to have been well made units for the decade when they were common.

Did they have DSC- like bugs in their firmware; did they false or go runaway on occasion??.....what exactly was wrong with them to give them "boat anchor status"...:)))

Thanks !

RHC

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Not much, really... I found them to be pretty "rock solid"...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Agreed, for their era in time they were very good. If you grew up with them they were the best since sliced bread. As would be the case if you had grown up with almost any other brand.

However as a side observer to this, if the Moose panel is sat side by side with say a DSC or Networx, or other newer panel it just becomes a boat anchor.

However if you place the Moose panel against a ATT 8000 they it can be a different story.

And yes I do know that one is Hardwired and the other is Wireless.

Enjoy.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

Oh sure they only LOOKED well made but deep down......boat anchors

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Can a side observer really do a side by side comparison?

Of COURSE it would be a different story, anyone with half a brain knows the mostly plastic case of the AT&T 8000 removes any possibility of it of ever being a boat anchor!

jeez

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yes

I believe that the "plastic" acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and is hydroscopic therefore will not float. The circuit board components would also help keep it down.

Les [stepping to the side]

Reply to
ABLE_1

Do you have any spair parts to trade?

Reply to
Rich

I grew up on moose till they changed. I like them, I have 15 of them in service for my employer.

Reply to
Rich

Do you have a particular "spair part" that you are in need of??

Reply to
ABLE_1

The point is it MAY indeed sink however it will never provide enough weight for a boat anchor, hell it's almost out of the ballpark as far as being a doorstop

Reply to
Mark Leuck

And you still have a job????

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.