Moose Z900 Software

Did you "know that" and try to make a funny or just happenstance upon it.

$1 Bill - Single $5 Bill - Fin $10 Bill - Sawbuck $20 Bill - Double $50 Bill - Half Yard $100 Bill - Yard Note

I don't know the exact derivation of all those terms, but they are commonly used by carnies.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Exactly! its just not worth going through hoops getting old DOS stuff going on a small panel like that

Reply to
mleuck

. . I know a single is $1 dollar bill. Fin is a $5 dollar bill and a sawbuck is a $10 and a $100 is a yard. Never heard of a double or half yard. But makes sense.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Well an update to this, I ended up figuring it out. I got Transport-PC up and running on an old 486, and it worked fine with a Hayes 2400. It was for a friend of mine that had one of those panels, and we just wanted to see if we could get it to work again, and we did. I'm not trying to get apparent "industry secrets" revealed on here, the software was literally on the Interlogix website. I'm just trying to preserve and have some fun with the seriously old systems that would just be ripped out and trashed typically, and meanwhile learn about how they used to work. Maybe someday, someone will care to see the old panels that got us where we are today, still working and communicating with their original software.

Keith

Reply to
KJ7BZC

Congrats on your fix, and getting it working!!

I use a Pentium 4 PC running Win98 for Transport-PC, RPM2PRO, DL900 all time connecting with a Hayes 2400 Modem.

Les to a few still working systems.

Reply to
ABLE1

Can't really beat the old Hayes modems in terms of reliability, they work great on noisy lines too. I've been using my 486 for the old Radionics RAM II software for a while now, it just runs a lot better on real hardware instead of emulating it or running under Windows.

Keith

Reply to
KJ7BZC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.