Compass over Telular? + Plasma cutter detection

Anyone ever use Compass to program/reprogram a Vista panel over Telular cell?

Also...anyone ever try to detect a burglar using a plasma cutter on a steel container?...I get the weirdest requests!

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

I've installed several different Bosch (nee Radionics) panels with Tellular, but that was 5 or 6 years ago. Once the backup was regestered, I did not have a single problem (all using 4/2 format)

And, can you install RoR heats inside the container? A plasma torch would have to generate a LOT of heat inside if it's cutting through the wall. A contact on the container door in case they just cut through the lock?

Reply to
Michael

Crap... I just noticed how badly I misread your first question! No, never tried to program. I'm not sure you can "call into" it. I am thinking it is dial out only. My mistake

Reply to
Michael

Doesnt matter anymore. Thanks for your response though. I was being "used" as design-bidder for another company. For weeks I've been trying to put a bid/design together for a big contractor with lots of these shipping containers with equipment in them...freekin turns out they were just using me to figure out what should be done so then could have their own "security dept" put the stuff in and monitor it themselves. Good thing I didn't actually give them any specs yet! Freekin waste of time.

| >Also...anyone ever try to detect a burglar using a plasma cutter on a steel | >container?...I get the weirdest requests! | >

| Crap... I just noticed how badly I misread your first question! No, | never tried to program. I'm not sure you can "call into" it. I am | thinking it is dial out only. My mistake |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I get that from government agencies all the time. I tell them to send me the bid spec or a quote request to write the bid spec. If they waffle I know immediately they were wasting my time. I used to write precise bids for these outfits with obscure terminology and part or model numbers, but with the current level of the interenet its too easy for them to reconstruct my bids and find the main stream popular names and part numbers now. Now I ask them if they have a formal bid request out.

Yes, big general contractors do this a lot too, but after once or twice you know who they are in an area and you just quit responding to their requests. A few I have flat out told to quit calling me. They will also get quotes just to keep their favorites in line, but you never had a chance of getting their business unless you bid to lose money. Screw that. Life is too short to work for unethical scum.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Friend of mine keeps sending me government bid crap...takes me 2 weeks to read through the zillion pages of NOTHING. You couldn't bid from that shit if you wanted to.

| | I get that from government agencies all the time. I tell them to send me | the bid spec or a quote request to write the bid spec. If they waffle I | know immediately they were wasting my time. I used to write precise bids | for these outfits with obscure terminology and part or model numbers, but | with the current level of the interenet its too easy for them to reconstruct | my bids and find the main stream popular names and part numbers now. Now I | ask them if they have a formal bid request out. | | Yes, big general contractors do this a lot too, but after once or twice you | know who they are in an area and you just quit responding to their requests. | A few I have flat out told to quit calling me. They will also get quotes | just to keep their favorites in line, but you never had a chance of getting | their business unless you bid to lose money. Screw that. Life is too short | to work for unethical scum. | | -- | Bob La Londe |

formatting link
| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

And these yahoos think they are doing you a favor for letting you bid their job. There is one major national builder here that has put the low voltage out for bid three times on the same developement. Think there might just be something wrong with that picture? We are taking bets to see how many times this will happen before the place gets built. It is wild to see just how many companies line up to get abused.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Yah, I know. I got sick of the abuse from big builders abt 6 or so years ago. We used to do all of Richmond American, Lennar, Estes, Elliott, and a dozen other yahoos. ALL their tracts. It was great for a while, until they were using my cash flow to build homes...and the worst was they stopped giving us leads on the prewire onlys. Then the calls from ADT installers who couldn't find a wire if it hit them in their nose would whine and we'd have to go out and POINT at the wire sticking out of the window. Uh..no...no more.

Now its just custom residential for me...no time for all that other heartburn stuff.

| >

| > | | > | I get that from government agencies all the time. I tell them to send | me | > | the bid spec or a quote request to write the bid spec. If they waffle I | > | know immediately they were wasting my time. I used to write precise | bids | > | for these outfits with obscure terminology and part or model numbers, | but | > | with the current level of the interenet its too easy for them to | > reconstruct | > | my bids and find the main stream popular names and part numbers now. | Now | > I | > | ask them if they have a formal bid request out. | > | | > | Yes, big general contractors do this a lot too, but after once or twice | > you | > | know who they are in an area and you just quit responding to their | > requests. | > | A few I have flat out told to quit calling me. They will also get | quotes | > | just to keep their favorites in line, but you never had a chance of | > getting | > | their business unless you bid to lose money. Screw that. Life is too | > short | > | to work for unethical scum. | > | | > | -- | > | Bob La Londe | > |

formatting link
| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I still work for one builder on two tracts, but they treat us pretty good. I wouldn't go out of business though if I lost it. LOL. Actually they have two supervisors that understand about the big picture. That makes life easier.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

A good super definitely makes life easier.

| > Now its just custom residential for me...no time for all that other | > heartburn stuff. | | | I still work for one builder on two tracts, but they treat us pretty good. | I wouldn't go out of business though if I lost it. LOL. Actually they have | two supervisors that understand about the big picture. That makes life | easier. | -- | Bob La Londe |

formatting link
| | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.