Help - Ademco Vista10 and Compass downloader

Anyone here familiar with this setup?? I have a Vista10SE rev15 and I can't get Compass 1.5.8.0 to connect to it. I am using a Hayes Smartmodem 1200, but when I try to connect direct to the panel using the "telco" option, communications start, verify CSID seems to work, but when the checking panel status, it hangs and tells me there has been no commucnications for

30seconds. I could just use my two-line alpha display to program it but I'm too damn stubborn!!

Any thoughts?

-Will

Reply to
will.lynelle
Loading thread data ...

I had this problem a couple of times, the 1st time was with a vista 10SE turned out there was just enough noise on the telephone line to stop it, always seemed to be in the same spot you speak of too and it could barely be heard with a handset. the 2nd was with a vista 40. no noise on the line, clear as a bell but when I had the telecom dept. where i work go out with his butt set and talk to me on that line, there was a severe 'echo', so to speak. almost like it was a VOIP or some kind of line amplification which wasn't heard until I talked to the guy. I'm not sure what the problem was there, the telecom guys ended up deferring it to SBC and in a couple of days it was back to normal. just a thot, hope this helped.

Reply to
AnotherAnonymous

Noise shouldn't be a problem, I'm hooking my phone cable directly from the modem to the tip and ring terminal in the panel, then starting comms on the panel with Installer code + # + 1, then connecting from the software. This is alluded to in the manual for the Vista 10, so I hope its correct.

-Will

Reply to
will.lynelle

Call me and I'll walk you in.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.