vista 15pmt

Can this panel be downloaded with standard Compass software? Can it be reprogrammed at the keypad?

Reply to
Nick Lawrence
Loading thread data ...

how do you mean; swap the firmware?

curious

Reply to
Crash Gordon

So the proprietary info is in the chip?...how about on ADT stuff..same thing?

(I have a couple I can't use compass on- it'd be nice to be able to swap the chip rather than the entire board)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

No, that is a Monitronics version. I don't think you can even monitor it. If you have an bad board laying around, try swapping the firmware. You may also need to replace the keypad as well.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

aha, I'll have to start scrounging chips then

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The firmare chip is the 3/4 inch square PLCC chip in the socket. It usually has a white label on it stating the panel type & version.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Yep.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Same with First Alert & Guardian versions. Please keep in mind that you must also replace keypad or the firmware inside the keypad as well.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

on the adt takeovers i didnt use the adt keypads anyway.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I think ADT doesn't do anything special to the keypads. Just peel off the ADT label or place your own on top of it.

I have an off the shelf Vista20P in my home with (2) Safewatch Pro 2000 ADT keypads...My wife likes the big buttons.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I had used the Safewatch keypads on a Vista without problems also, then had an install that wanted a cheap used system so I used a Safewatch board with gently used Ademco keypads...but couldnt Compass it...I'll try a chip swap next time I have a spare chip.

Does the chip contain the program as well?...some systems I use don't so I don't have to reprogram if I want to update the chip rev.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hey, you want this ITI Monitronics paperweightI have here?...or should I deep six it? :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

They are standard keypads

Reply to
Mark Leuck

So that's what I have been dooing wrong... I thought that just by seating the chip with a hammer it would force the defaults in.

Terry

Reply to
Securitech

Naaa I got tons of em

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Anytime you swap the firmware on the Ademco, you should always default the panel with * 97, so it can load up the default settings on the eprom.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

ok got it...thanks

Reply to
Crash Gordon

thought so...I'll give it to my dog to play with :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

you got lost in the thread somewhere Mark...we're talking about the ITI Monitronics thingie now....you gotta keep up man.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

My dawg is a lazy union man though...I'd have to pay him scale and it would never get done on time.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.