difference in quality of equipment: ADT, Brinks, Slomins, etc?

hello, I am looking to get a residential alarm system (3 family house in urban area). Is there a difference in quality of equipment between ADT, Brinks, Slomins?

What about independent dealers? How would a consumer know if the equipment was "good"?

Thanks.

Reply to
rogue_petunia
Loading thread data ...

Concern yourself with the Dealer's Warranty, How long and what's covered.......... Good Luck, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

Is this deja vu all over again...didn't we just do this same question a few weeks ago...or do I need another beer?

| > What about independent dealers? How would a consumer know if the | > equipment was "good"? | >

| > Thanks. | >

| Concern yourself with the Dealer's Warranty, How long and what's | covered.......... Good Luck, Russ | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Forget the beer, I'm goin' straight for the Glen Garioch.

Reply to
Frank Olson

This is the monthly "who's the best" thread that ends up 7000 reposts later with the discussion turned towards bathroom humor, and the OP deciding to hand over all assets to the first burglar he can find just to detach themselves from our industry. Of the 7000 posts we will read 5000 different stories from bAss describing how he ran wire in a ten million dollar home constructed of nothing but yellow Lego's, and owned by the Dali Lama's personal gardener. You, Crash, will immediately concur that bAss' skills are superhuman (totally ignoring any glimpse of reality), and RHC will still be bragging about Florida.

Crash Gord> Is this deja vu all over again...didn't we just do this same question a few

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

You're half right.

Me...I just duck out of the thread once it strays, nothing to do with RLB's superhumanness or whatever. I just find the dit/tat annoying no matter who is right/wrong.

| >

| > | > What about independent dealers? How would a consumer know if the | > | > equipment was "good"? | > | >

| > | > Thanks. | > | >

| > | Concern yourself with the Dealer's Warranty, How long and what's | > | covered.......... Good Luck, Russ | > | | > | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

Kicks and Giggles. It is better than the morning funnies in the local rags. It really is all harmless. It is probably looked at differently when it gets to who should and shouldn't be in this business and why, and that's cool, but, there are alot of unsuspecting people that come here for whatever reason.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I'm just here for the Kicks and Giggles!

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Welp, it's definitely cheaper than HBO...I'll give ya that :-)

| > Me...I just duck out of the thread once it strays, nothing to do with RLB's | > superhumanness or whatever. I just find the dit/tat annoying no matter who | > is right/wrong. | >

| >

| > | >

| > | > | > What about independent dealers? How would a consumer know if the | > | > | > equipment was "good"? | > | > | >

| > | > | > Thanks. | > | > | >

| > | > | Concern yourself with the Dealer's Warranty, How long and what's | > | > | covered.......... Good Luck, Russ | > | > | | > | > | | > | | > | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

I'll probably be in an attic again this weekend. Attic work is getting old.

| >

| >

| > | > Me...I just duck out of the thread once it strays, nothing to do with | > RLB's | > | > superhumanness or whatever. I just find the dit/tat annoying no matter | > who | > | > is right/wrong. | > | >

| > | >

| > | > | >

| > | > | > | > What about independent dealers? How would a consumer know if | > the | > | > | > | > equipment was "good"? | > | > | > | >

| > | > | > | > Thanks. | > | > | > | >

| > | > | > | Concern yourself with the Dealer's Warranty, How long and what's | > | > | > | covered.......... Good Luck, Russ | > | > | > | | > | > | > | | > | > | | > | > | | > | | > | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Move north and deal with basements

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Or, ....we are. js

Reply to
alarman

What's a basement? js

Reply to
alarman

nah...i like heat better than cold & damp - besides i lose a few pounds crawling hot attics :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

ot: can compass be set up to do an unattended load to a panel? - like can i program compass with my full program, go to install and have a vista call into my programming computer and have it upload the program to the vista without anyone being at the office?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

Nope.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.