Ademco Honeywell Compass modem AT commands for Hayes Smartmodem OPTIMA 9600 to Vista panel?

I am pulling my hair out trying to get a Hayes Smartmodem OPTIMA 9600 to co nnect to a Honeywell Vista-21iP panel with the modem direct wired to the pa nel using the required telephone cable with a 150 Ohm resistor. I am getti ng a "Panel is not answering the call, or issue with telephone cable", I he ar the modem try to talk to the panel through the modem speaker.

Part of the problem is the modem is on the Honeywell supported modem list b ut not on the modem list in the compass software

formatting link
.PDF So are is there a custom AT sequence needed for this modem. I have tried a ll the Hayes modems and they do not work.

I have set the "allmodem=1" setting in the download.ini file as specified in the compatible modem document above but not really sure what that does.

Questions

- Does anyone know the AT commands to get this modem to work

- Why are there four boxes for custom AT commands and each modem has the AT commands in different boxes?

- Does anyone know what the jumper JP1 under the front cover of the modem d oes?

Reply to
luke.skaff
Loading thread data ...

Just buy a line simulator and be done with it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

connect to a Honeywell Vista-21iP panel with the modem direct wired to the panel using the required telephone cable with a 150 Ohm resistor. I am get ting a "Panel is not answering the call, or issue with telephone cable", I hear the modem try to talk to the panel through the modem speaker.

but not on the modem list in the compass software

all the Hayes modems and they do not work.

ed in the compatible modem document above but not really sure what that doe s.

AT commands in different boxes?

You do not need the resistor in phone line for direct connection never us ed a resistor that may be your problem . just straight phone cable from mo dem to panel

Reply to
NickMark

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.