Compass stupidity.

This one pissed me off today. Took over a Pro 1 install on saturday, fixed a bunch of mistakes on a Vista 10. Compassed it several times over the weekend to take out o/cs and add zone descriptions, no problem. Last night an upload to the panel failed, I figured they were online with computer or something so I'd try again this morning. No go.

Owner called me this morning telling me the panel was displaying Oil Burner Override and Ambush Trouble...just weird messages and zones numbers that didn't exist like 53?

Had him reset panel, try to get into programming with installer code...no go.

Call techsupport...oh yeah if that happens the panel is locked out and you cant fix it. WHAT? It doesn't do error checking when programming and then roll back to old programming if errors are found? No. Are you kidding me?

Off to ADI to buy a 10P

Ah it was an old panel anyway, but I sure didnt feel like redoing the whole dang thing.

First time I've ever had this happen to ANY panel when remote programming.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

You sure it was during an upload and not a download? The V10, 4110 and Via-30's did berry berry bad things if they drop off during a download, usually it changes the CSID, forces the panel into call back mode and screws up the installer code

Heh...yup, I always get edgy when starting to download a V10

He'll have to power it down then back up and get in that way

On that panel it must download everying at once, the higher panels do error checking during the transfer and therefore do not have problems if they drop

That one won't have the same problems

It's rare but it happens

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Compass calls loads backwards...but, I was loading TO the panel.

| | > Owner called me this morning telling me the panel was displaying Oil | Burner | > Override and Ambush Trouble...just weird messages and zones numbers that | > didn't exist like 53? | | Heh...yup, I always get edgy when starting to download a V10 | | > Had him reset panel, try to get into programming with installer code...no | > go. | | He'll have to power it down then back up and get in that way

I had him try that...but didn't think to try the *+# method, just had him try installer code and default. I may mess with it this weekend and see if I can get to the probably scrambled installer code...or just shit can it.

| >

| > Call techsupport...oh yeah if that happens the panel is locked out and | you | > cant fix it. WHAT? It doesn't do error checking when programming and then | > roll back to old programming if errors are found? No. Are you kidding me? | | On that panel it must download everying at once, the higher panels do error | checking during the transfer and therefore do not have problems if they drop | | > Off to ADI to buy a 10P | | That one won't have the same problems

The replacement went smooth. He's happy besides I like the Auto Stay feature...and he gets a new warranty blah blah blah.

| | | > First time I've ever had this happen to ANY panel when remote programming. | | It's rare but it happens | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I have been helping a national accounts dealer with takeovers and there finding out what a bad choice it was to stay with the 4110Xm panels the chain is using in there stores what a headache at least there upgrading.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.