Getting rid of my D-624... suggestions?

I finally gave up on my dlink 624 (same drop problems) and got a Linksys. Gave it to someone that used to be my friend... Not good.. hasn't talked to me since.. :(

Reply to
Peter Pan
Loading thread data ...

I've had a D-Link D-624 since Feb, and it was running really well. I use it hardwired to my PC and use it wireless to a laptop and another desktop. For the past week it keep dropping my connection, even to the hardwired PC. I was on the phone for awhile with DLINK, they tried but nothing helped (using firmware 2.50... I also tried 2.52 and had even less luck with that).

DLink offered me RMA, which I'll take them up on it..but in reading stuff on the web this appears to be a common problem (even as I type this on my hardwired PC the Unplugged/Connected ballons keep popping up).

Any suggestions for a router to consider?

Thanks

Reply to
puzzled186

What happens when you hard wire directly to the modem? Is that connection stable?

Reply to
DanR

I helped someone over the phone with a similar problem on a DI-624. My standard advice is to disable all the wireless enhancements and see what happens. On the Advanced -> Performance page:

formatting link
suggested that they:

1. Disable Super-G and Turbot modes.
  2. Set to 802.11g mode only.
  3. Change the TX Rate to the slowest OFDM rate of 6Mbits/sec.
  4. CTS/RTS mode to OFF. Everything else should be set to the defaults.

I'm guessing that one or some combination of these tweaks worked, but I don't recall if I received any feedback from the person with the problem.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Reply to
R Garcia

Reply to
puzzled186

Reply to
puzzled186

Sounds fishy to me.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony R. Gold

In that case get some rope and use it for a fishing boat anchor..... :)

Reply to
Peter Pan

==================================

I had the same problem with the DI-624. After much tweaking and re-tweaking following the examples on D-Link web, I gave up and simpley did a 'reset'. DI-624 now works like a charm!!!

Reply to
MEGreen

Reply to
puzzled186

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.