D-Link DI-624, DWL-G800AP problems

I am having a tough time setting up 800AP to repeat the signal from a DI-624. I have done this before on a diff 800AP and DI-624 at my friend's place and it works well. SO I got another pair from craigslist. But this 800AP does not seem to work. The DI-624 works by itself, both the LAN ports and wireless. The 800AP picks up the SSID from the DI-624. My laptop picks up the signal from the 800AP and I also see it gets a valid IP address. But I cannot get to the internet. cannot even ping the DI-624. I have a cisco aironet client utility. IT shows PLCP error and mac crc errors. And after a while I start seeing SSID mismatch errors. DI-624 - rev C F/W 2.42 800AP rev A F/W 1.02

I also have a DI-524 ( rev A, F/W 1.03 ) bought from craigslist. I bought a new DWL-G710 from compusa. It would not work either. This was worse. My laptop would not even get an IP address in the router's range. But connecting to the DI-524 worked.

Tried the pinhole reset and setup several times.

I saw a few posts about the flakiness of dlink products. I am not sure if I got too many flakies or something is wrong with my setup. I guess people on craigslist might be offloading their flaky routers and repeaters.

I have read buffalo royter repeater combo is reliable. Is that true for most people ?

Mandeep

Reply to
tarbash
Loading thread data ...

I had a similar ploblem with my di-524 and DWL-G710. Fo some reason the only times I can get into my admin area of my DWL-G710 is when tech support is helping me.

My suggestion is to call tech support, they real nice people and they have always resolve my issues.

Remember sometimes they from india depending when you call, but just work with them and your network should work.

gene

Reply to
Eugene J. Maes

I did call dlink support. They made me go thru the usual hoops. walked thru the setup, which I already had. checked the firmware versions. In the end i was asked to upgrade to a newer firmware and call them if i still had a problem. Don;t think this one is up their alley. I think dlink support is good at solving setup problems, but not good at identifying a defective device. Their tendency is to blame it on something else, like call comcast or reboot your laptop.

Mandeep

Eugene J. Maes wrote:

Reply to
tarbash

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.