Why connected via Linksys when I have D-Link?

I have a wireless Router D-link DI624, Windows Media XP, yet somewhere I saw ( I do not recall where, not in Device Manager) that shows:

Connected Via:

Linksys Line 100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter (line 100TX v.4)-Packet Scheduler, Miniport.

What is this?

This is on my desktop that I see it and the desktop is hardwired to the DI-624 router.

All works fine and I get very fast speed with Comcast.net, The comcast comes in on thir modem for 3X, that is phone, TV and Ethernet. Then goes from there into the router.

I just like to understand this Linksys bit.

Is there anywhere where I can bring up the D-link 624 other than 192.168.0.2 ?

Reply to
Comcast Newsgroups
Loading thread data ...

That's your network card, not your router. It's the receiver in your pc

Connected Via:

Linksys Line 100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter (line 100TX v.4)-Packet Scheduler, Miniport.

What is this?

This is on my desktop that I see it and the desktop is hardwired to the DI-624 router.

All works fine and I get very fast speed with Comcast.net, The comcast comes in on thir modem for 3X, that is phone, TV and Ethernet. Then goes from there into the router.

Reply to
RBM

Thanks a lot. Makes a lot of sense.

Connected Via:

What is this?

Reply to
Comcast Newsgroups

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.