D-Link DI-624 and 802.11b

Hi,

I have a D-Link DI-624 on an NTL cable link.

Firmware Version 2.53.

I am having problems using WEP with older 802.11b cards.

I can use 802.11g and WPA-PSK with my Ralink RT2500 Wireless LAN Card - however this keeps dropping the link and I understand this is a known fault with Ralink and WPA-PSK.

I have a couple of 802.11b devices - an iPaq with a Compaq WL110 Wireless PC card (PCMCIA) and a PC running Windows XP Home with an Actiontec 802UAT1 USB adapter (just downloaded the latest drivers).

Neither the Compaq nor the Actiontec can connect using 128 bit WEP.

The Ralink seems fine using 128bit WEP, but reports a WEP error on the 'Link Status' tab.

I can connect the Compaq if I turn off encryption (so the router is falling back to 802.11b) but it doesn't seem to connect if I configure WEP.

I have also tried (40)64 bit WEP but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

Are there known problems in falling back to 802.11b when using WEP with this router?

TIA

Dave R

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts
Loading thread data ...

Are you entering the WEP key in correctly? ASCII vs. HEX?

Reply to
__spc__

Using HEX in all cases. I have checked the string and entered it O.K. in the RALINK. I have entered it several times for two different systems. I also tried a very simple hex string for the 40/64 bit key 'ff00ff00ff'. This didn't work either.

Both systems have worked to 802.11b APs.

It does seem to be an issue with WEP on the D-Link DI-624.

Cheers Dave R

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

Have you tried firmware v2.70? I assume your DLink hardware is a rev_C3 model as 2.53 isn't for the two earlier versions.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

At

formatting link
latest listed is 2.53.

There may be a later version for US kit but this seems to be it for the UK version.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.