Latest threads in CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Securityshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

vista 15pmt
I just rented some warehouse space and there is a monitronics Vista-15pmt alarm panel in the space. The system was left by the last owner. My question is can i reset the codes and if so how.

DSC 3000 issue
I inherited a DSC3000 without a manual. All the burglar zones are fine, except the fire/smoke detectors. I see 4 wires in the box, but they're not terminated on the terminal strip. Can anyone tell me...

Troubleshooting a Ademco Vista 20P Sensor problem?
Hi, I am a novice to alarm systems. But had ADT install a smart secure pro 3000 in my house. I understand this to be a Ademco Vista 20P. My problem is that last week some repair guys came and replaced...

NexWatch/Westinghouse
I am in need of a power supply for a Westinghouse Alto 818sx. Access control panel. this unit is a big black rectangle. I am in need of this ASAP. Any help is welcomed and thanked. Dave Stephenson

Setting test report - time of Day
my account take-over of an SafewatchPro-200 "20SP went well,. looing at the programming sheet I can't find the address for programming time of day test..the panel was set to sent test report on 30 day...

how do modern car alarms work?
I'm interested in finding out how modern car alarms (eg. Compustar 1000A) from a security point of view. Is there a technician or technical manual out there that could tell me the details? I can't...

JOB: Alarm Tech Job in Washington DC
Lead Security Technician - Washington DC Seeking an experienced security technician to take a leadership role with a small and growing team. Lead Security Technician is responsible for the on-time and...

System won't arm...bad sensor?
I have an ADT installed (years ago) alarm system with an Ademco control box (I don't have the details in front of me). It has been flashing 13 for a while and won't let me arm the system. I figured...

**URGENT**INSTALLER IN MONTREAL WITH ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE OF NORTHERN COMPUTERS WIN PAK 2005 SOFTWARE NEEDED
Hi We are in need of an experienced installer in the MONTREAL area with advanced knowledge of NORTHERN COMPUTERS WIN PAK 2005 SOFTWARE. Please Reply back to:

OT: A.A.A.D.D.
Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. (Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder). This is how it manifests: I decide I need to water the garden. As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over...

Need a manual for a MONITRONICS S4006 .
I just bought a used MONITRONICS S4006 at a local thrift shop. I got 3 wireless door switches with it. It seems to work OK. I would like to know how to operate it properly and add a sirene. Is there a...

how to manually d/c Apex system?
He wants to disconnect his own system. Providing him with detailed instructions on exactly how to do that would be viewed as "tortious interference" by companies like Brinks, ADT, Sonitrol,...

Low cost security camera software for home use?
I've got a few basic CCTV cameras wired into a computer in my house. I'm running Vista 32-bit and would ideally like something that would integrate with Vista MCE - but if it doesn't that's OK too....

Locations of Keypads
Related to my previous post, regarding pre-wiring planning for a new home, I am interested to know where are the locations, (both usual and unusual), that people choose to locate keypads? The last DIY...

Panel Grounding vs. Lightning Rod Grounding
Hello ASA folks, I'm new here. I am in the initial stage of planning the pre-wiring for a new home. I have just spent several days going through the last several years of ASA postings, so I believe...