Safewatch pro 2000

Dave S had written this in response to

formatting link
:

Goldendomers

-------------------------------------

I have an ADT Safewatch pro 2000 installed when I built my house in 1999. I purchased the equipment. After 2 year I stopped the monitoring. I had two magnetic sensors go bad. I have been able to replace one and I would like to by-pass the second one for now.

When I look at the keypad all zones are functioning except the one bad zone. When I by-pass that zone and set the alarm several areas when I test will not set the alarm off. I.e. when I open a window or door.

Out of 8 Zones I would say 3 seem to be functioning properly.

Any ideas what may be wrong??

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via

formatting link
Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry no-spam access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.security.alarms - 43410 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Dave S
Loading thread data ...

Dave S had written this in response to

formatting link
:

Goldendomers

-------------------------------------

I have an ADT Safewatch pro 2000 installed when I built my house in 1999. I purchased the equipment. After 2 year I stopped the monitoring. I had two magnetic sensors go bad. I have been able to replace one and I would like to by-pass the second one for now.

When I look at the keypad all zones are functioning except the one bad zone. When I by-pass that zone and set the alarm several areas when I test will not set the alarm off. I.e. when I open a window or door.

Out of 8 Zones I would say 3 seem to be functioning properly.

Any ideas what may be wrong??

formatting link
Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry no-spam access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.security.alarms - 43410 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Dave S

I'd say you have a bunch of bad sensors...some open...some welded shut. You'll have to track down the bad ones and replace them.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

dave s had written this in response to

formatting link
:

------------------------------------- Crash Gord> I'd say you have a bunch of bad sensors...some open...some welded shut.

Crash,

If the sensors are bad why dont the zones show as problems on the display?

Crash, Thank you for the reply. I did have one sensor that was bad and that zone showed on the display as a problem. When I changed the sensor the zone cleared on the display but the alarm will still no go off if I open that door. All the other zones read O.K. That?s what is not making sense to me. If the problem was in the sensor wouldn?t show on the display as a problem? I did have an ADT rep come to the house and he wanted to install wireless units for the two sensors that were bad. He indicated to me that the rest of the system was fine.

formatting link
Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry no-spam access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.security.alarms - 43435 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
dave s

Lightning surges can weld a contact closed.

A contact can get stuck from years of sitting there on a window that is never opened.

Lots of things can cause a switch to not be seen.

ADT loves to sell expensive fixes! You may just need 2 new 4$ switches instead of 80.00 each transmitters.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

dave s had written this in response to

formatting link
:

------------------------------------- Crash Gord> Lightning surges can weld a contact closed.

Crash,

Thank you. I changed out two sensors last night and the alram worked fine.

formatting link
Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry no-spam access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.security.alarms - 43446 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
dave s

Yea!

You should check every door/window contact on a regular basis...turn the Chime on and with everything closed open/close every door/window and listen for the chime. I tell my clients to do it quarterly (when they get my quarterly bills from us).

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.