vista 15pmt

I just rented some warehouse space and there is a monitronics Vista-15pmt alarm panel in the space.

The system was left by the last owner. My question is can i reset the codes and if so how.

Reply to
wek
Loading thread data ...

"wek" wrote in news:8aeecf5099138@uwe:

It would more trouble than it would be worth, if at all. Call a compentent professional and have them to replace the main panel.

Reply to
motley me

Do that or replace it yourself. The Vista-15P is a very inexpensive panel. Replacement takes a professional about an hour. If it's your first try, give yourself 2 hours (including programming the replacement board).

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You can probably (maybe) change the codes - their panels are not usually locked...but you can't make it report to anyone but Monitronics.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Why would you want to do that? Just call and have it activated. Or were you thinking of..."self monitoring"?

Reply to
alarman

Ahhh yes. Self-monitoring, that's the ticket. I'll bet he has an old cell phone laying around and just needs a pin-out to connect it to the alarm.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I'd go with a strobe light on the end of a very long lightning rod.

Reply to
Frank Olson

t he has an old cell

There are a few of us here that wish that you would.

Reply to
Jim

What we need are a few thousand more immigrants. And they should all buy boats which they'd moor at the same marina you use. Imagine an early morning sunrise... The smell of curry and refried beans gently wafting across the still water... The women doing laundry along the river-bank... brown skinned children running up and down the pier... Ahhhh... America... where people actually smoke Camels instead of riding them... :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

I believe immigrants are the best of America. The rest of us are here by accident of birth (or in some cases by birth acident:)). But immigrants are Americans by choice.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

A type of proprietary alarm panel monitored by a company with a somewhat less than stellar reputation. Even better (if the panel is still attached to a working phone line) Monitronics could call up the panel and remotely disable the whole thing. You could think you're doing something to protect yourself, when in fact you're not. Finding out about it all after you've suffered a loss isn't pleasant. Give it back to the last owner. It's worse than having nothing at all in my opinion.

Reply to
Just Looking

Would that be both legal and illeagal immigrants?

Next time you take a look at your tax bill for education and police protection and then at the cost of your hospital bills ....... think of illegal immigration and then tell us how you'd like to hug an immigrant.

The best Americans are Americans, regardless of where they're from. But certainly not the ones who come here to exploite our generosity and freedom. Not the ones who refuse to become real Americans, patriotic to America, who fly their parent country flags above Old Glory, who stay here only long enough to earn enough money to send to their country, who's country governments actually publish instructions on how to illeagally enter the US. Multiply that by about 13 million and see how much all of that cost us as a nation.

Although, I'm sure you ignore all of that just for the opportunity to be "liked" by someone.

Reply to
Jim

So you DO know where I live?

Reply to
Jim

The heat bloom from your boat gave your location away. I see you've moved it down river a tad now, too... :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.