ADT FOCUS 100

Does Anyone have the specs of this system? is it addressable? etc..

I have a customer that needs the panel replaced with 3 keypads and I kinda want to know what im going to run into...

Thanks...

MS

Reply to
Matthew Stanley
Loading thread data ...

most of the focus panels i run into are addressable and must be completely changed out very few reusable parts.

Reply to
nick markowitz

A few thoughts about the Focus 100: (I used to be an ADT commercial installer/svc tech waaaaay back when...)

-Ancient & antiquated

-Completely proprietary addressable system

-The wire they used was excellent quality (at least here), although good luck figuring out splices- we always kept our wiring diagrams at the office.

-watch for "4-wire" door/window sensors; while this was a great way to fully supervise sensors, figuring out how they are wired to hook up to a standard control panel can be a nightmare if you're not familiar with them

-all your BA sensors will be run to big rectangular PID splice boxes, not homerun

I'd replace it with another addressable system. Either that, or run lots of new wires...

Reply to
Steven Vaughan

I'm pretty sure the ADT PID devices are compatible with Honeywell V-Plex enabled panels. The OP might be able to swap the panel to a Vista 32P and change to keypad to a 61xx series.

Reply to
G. Morgan

or just buy a new vista xx and 3 keypads and be done with it.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Think of it as a new installation with some pull wires in place and bid it accordingly. Not even ADT uses those anymore. ADT won't even come to get them.

Reply to
Just Looking

Humm. Are those really compatible with Ademco Vista Series? I was thinking how to change this system out. They currently pay ADT 182.00 a month for this system it has about 40 zones....

I was trying to see if it would be cheaper to get them out of this system and still be under budget for the year. I might just have to wait till their fiscal year is up and have them upgrade the entire system.

MS

Reply to
Matthew Stanley

Mat, you didn't say if the system was leased or if service was included......

and that's just for monitoring????....... I don't know about you, but assuming they've only got a couple of years or less to go on their present agreement, if I could get $182.00 a month for monitoring and they're willing to switch over to you ......... For a 5 year contract, I'd tell them I'd change out the panel and keypads, pay off their account and only charge them $180.00 a month and hold the price for 5 years. You'll still be about 5 grand ahead. And at the end of 5 years you can increase it ..........

What's to think about?

Reply to
Jim

Only the high-end Vista panels that have a V-Plex loop. If it is 40+ zones then you 'ld need a Vista128. You better double check with Honeywell, but I'm pretty sure you can use the ADT addressable PID's.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Ademco makes high end panels??

Reply to
alarman

No honeywell panels are compatible with PIDS or SIMS, only Focus. PID's use binary data to address, SIM's are basically the new V-Plex devices that came after the Focus 100, but they do not talk to each other. It will be a 4-wire analog device or pids, all devices will have to be replaced. You can use the PID loop as a V-plex loop though, you just have to convert all of the PID's to V-plex.

I would be willing to trade a new panel for that, I need a older 100 panel. Let me know.

snipped-for-privacy@att.net

Reply to
laalarmguy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.