Keypad removal

I bought a house with a ADT Safewatch 3000. I'd like to remove the keypad to paint the wall, but can't see how it's attached. Suggestions?

Thanks!

Reply to
gesres
Loading thread data ...

Two slots either on the top or bottom (i forget) put screwdriver in slot and gently push to unlock the snaps, it will sorta hinge off in the opposite direction of the slots...if slot on bottom it will hinge off towards the top...some keypads also have tiny snaps on each side as well.

Then you'll see the mounting screws...just let it hang from the wires while you paint.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Crash, thank you. I found the slots on the bottom. You probably saved my wall; I was thinking it might have been glued, and just a little bit more force might free it from the wall. :-)

Reply to
gesres

yer welcome.

I have seen some idiots glue the keypads to the wall with construction adhesive....not pretty when its time to paint!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

level? who would notice with the keypad mounted at switch height? besides the dripping glue hides the fact it's not level "-)

| > I have seen some idiots glue the keypads to the wall with construction | > adhesive....not pretty when its time to paint! | | Besides, it also means you also have to make darn sure the keyad's level | *before* the glue sets up... ;-)) | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Besides, it also means you also have to make darn sure the keyad's level

*before* the glue sets up... ;-))
Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.