Please recommend a DVR upgrade with more features..

I have a 4 cam dvr system installed at my home, I check it from work via a program installed on my work PC. What I really need is a system that will alert me if something happens, then I will know to check the cams. (no I dont want to pay for monthly monitoring) I'd like to replace the DVR box (but keep the cams that are already wired in) with a DVR box that also has inputs for burglar alarm sensors for doors and windows, and can alert me via text, phone call or email when those sensors go off. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
Strangways
Loading thread data ...

I could give you plenty of options in the $3000-$5000 range... but how much are you looking to spend for a home system?

Reply to
Matt Ion
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Nah, too much. Isn't there a FREE solution?

Reply to
alarman

There used to be a PC card for 399 with 4 alarm inputs. Don't know if he software had e-mail capabilities or not. I have the one of tghe cards sitting out on my test shelf. No clue where the software CD went though. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

many DVRs have motion detection and email capability. does yours?

Reply to
Bob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.