Favorite monitoring tools?

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good monitoring tool that incorporates all this?:

1) SNMP 2) Cisco Netflow 3) Services & application monitoring (like for Windows servers)

I'd prefer something that runs on Windows, and cost is not so much of a concern. I'm (well, our company) is not interested in free or Linux utilities. No flames on that please.

We currently use Solarwinds Orion which does #1 very well, and can also do #3 with an additional module. It's our ideal tool, but it can't view more granular than SNMP. Cisco Netflow is really nice, but I'm using freeware tools at the moment which don't massage or correlate the data as nicely as Enterprise solutions. I would be great to have something that can give up/down data, services monitoring, bandwidth usage, and be able to drill down further and get Netflow info on the protocols being used by my Cisco routers.

The AdventNet OpManager + NetFlow Analyzer looks like it might fit the bill, but I've never heard of it other than looking at their web page.

Any others that include all the features I want?

-Bob

Reply to
Rob
Loading thread data ...

I use OpManager, it's pretty good and full of excellent fetaures

Reply to
Dave

Did you look at any other monitoring apps or rule anything else out?

Reply to
Rob

If willing to pay for something for an enterprise solution that can also pull netflow data, Then check out netscout. great product and can do many things.

Of course, I perfer using Nagoius on Linux and is free, just what you do not want.

I can understand not having to support Linux or have to install opensource which sometimes can be tricky if not familiar but works great if know what you are doing.

Reply to
MC

For netflow (among other things), take a look at Crannog

formatting link

Reply to
Hansang Bae

I have a SolarWinds Orion box as well, does Cisco specific (SNMP) stuff fairly well. Good for quickly finding interface errors. Sux at alerting though. Doesn't realert, escalate or support awknowlegments.

We replaced it with Nagios, kicks butt but I'm not sure if you can get it on a Windows box. I still keep the Orion box active for the interface statistics though, but I don't let it alert.

Wil my 3¢

Reply to
Wil

Looks interesting. Does it do more than Solarwinds, other than better alerting? Netflow support?

Reply to
Bob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.