Telular Telguard TG-1 & TG-4 Service Pricing

If I wanted to install alarms for a living I would take the test and get the license. Since I only sell online there is no reason to be licensed. Furthermore, the license app states that the applicant intends to engage in the covered work within (I forget the number of) days upon receiving the license. I have no intention of going back to installing alarms. I couldn't take the pay cut.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

of Professional Regulation, including "online

a Democrat state to set up shop in a Republican

regulation. In our highly Democrat state (blame

You're either extremely ill informed about your state laws concerning your own profession, a liar or both. My bet is it's both.

According to Illinois Public Law: "PROFESSIONS AND OCCUPATIONS (225 ILCS 447/) Private Detective, Private Alarm, Private Security, and Locksmith Act of 2004. (225 ILCS 447/Art. 5 heading) ARTICLE 5. GENERAL PROVISIONS."

"Private alarm contractor" does not include a person, firm, or corporation that manufactures or sells alarm systems only from its place of business and does not sell, install, monitor, maintain, alter, repair, replace, service, or respond to alarm systems at protected premises or premises to be protected."

This clearly exempts retailers, online or otherwise, from license requirements. The Illinoin legislature obviously has the same attitude about this as does virtually every other state legislature -- contractor licenses are for those who go out and install stuff.

BTW, since I never lived in Illinois, you saying I "ran away" from there is... a lie. Then again, no one expected any better from you.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

No one is "licensed to sell" alarms in Illinois, you idiot. Illinois issues licenses to people and companies that install alarms -- not people and companies that sell online.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

of Professional Regulation, including "online

from a Democrat state to set up shop in a Republican

regulation. In our highly Democrat state (blame

profession, a liar or both. My bet is it's both.

My bet is that he knows what he's talking about.

Private Security, and Locksmith Act of 2004.

manufactures or sells alarm systems only from its

replace, service, or respond to alarm systems at

The Illinoin legislature obviously has the same

contractor licenses are for those who go out and install

But there is a problem here, Mr Ass. See the stuff about:

1> "monitor" (which you admit to by activating cell communicators) 2> "service", "alter" (which you admit to performing by remote programming)

a lie. Then again, no one expected any better from

He said you ran away from a blue state that is implied as Connecticut.

What makes you think you can do whatever you want with complete disregard of the law in the jurisdiction? If a jurisdiction requires the "monitor" or "alterer" or "servicer" to be licensed than you have to be. Norco alarms or Home Security Source (for example) do not engage in this type of activity that you insist on providing, illegally. It doesn't matter where "you" live, asshole... What matters is where the service is being provided and for whom.

Reply to
Carnival Midway Hawker

The Illinois Department of Professional Regulation would beg to differ. They make no distinction insofar as alarm sales goes, between an installation company and an equipment reseller. All must be licensed by DPR, complete with background checks, etc.

Of course, they only regulate people selling from within the state. You really should check your facts before calling someone an idiot.... you just look foolish and angry.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

You should read more carefully. I was speaking of the irony that you left your former state, Connecticut ( a Democrat state), for Florida (a Republican state) in order to operate within the law.

No one said anything about you being in or operating from Illinois. If you had been paying attention instead of in a huge hurry to argue in response, you would have known that.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

He must have found an outdated section, or amended it, because every single wholesaler, online dealer, or service company that operates FROM here that deals with security or fire alarm systems must have a DPR license. Call ADI in Chicago and ask who holds theirs.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

just think of all the parts you can "sell" if the world knew you had a licensed professional as a member of Team Bass!

Reply to
spike

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: zISdndXD2rLYEifYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Maybe my english is not good enough,or something else,but what i read in the secound part of the quote is exactly what you do:

"and does not sell, install, monitor, maintain, alter, repair, replace, service, or respond to alarm systems at protected premises or premises to be protected."

If we read carefully,we see that to be exempt from the law someone should not sell alarm system to a protected premises or to be protected promises...

your online activity,is exactly that..you sell to the owner of those premises,when they are inside that premises(in front of there pc),and you even send the stuff to the premises,you clearly are not exempt from that law....

Oups!!!

Reply to
Petem

"Stanley Barthfarkle" a écrit dans le message de news: fsxuh.66583$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.net...

Bass never read carfully he allways asume that you type what he think you wanted to type

he cant pay attention,we are all just jealous of him...,so he thinks,so he doesn't need to pay any attention to us..

Reply to
Petem

Gee. Do you think "Team Bass" "T" shirts come with the job?? Do they come in "extra large"?

Reply to
Frank Olson

I f***in' hope so because my fat ass wants to *represent*.

Go team Bass!

Reply to
Carnival Midway Hawker

None of the complaints Robert's filed were legit. They were based on lies and "Italian condoms". The Attorney General's investigation obviously didn't include his Dealer Accounts with Telguard, Honeywell, Suregard and Uplink (either that or there was an oversight). The fact that he sells these products is proof positive he's also providing the service. Suregard "kicks back" 50% of the fee they charge for SkyRoute to the servicing Dealer. In most cases the "servicing Dealer" collects annual fees from the customer and pays them to the provider. You know how this works.

Tom's right, Norm. Either shit or get off the pot.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yeah.....

Didn't you just re-state the current allegation?

" The Attorney General's investigation obviously didn't include his Dealer Accounts with Telguard, Honeywell, Suregard and Uplink (either that or there was an oversight). The fact that he sells these products is proof positive he's also providing the service"

Service and monitoring are activities that requires a licence.

Why is Norm "lame" for pursuing unlicensed activity? It seems he has a duty to do so. Fuck Tom and what he thinks is "boring", there are legitimate firms in FL that follow the rules and RLB should follow the law too. There is no excuse for any firm to violate the regulations passed down, boring to you or not.

Reply to
My nig

Send mine in 2X only please. I wouldn't mind wearing one, except someone might think I worked for a place like Cabela's.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Cracker mumbled:

Compared to you even Sabodish would seem bright.

Activating a cell phone does not constitute monitoring an alarm. Perhaps it has escaped your attention (considering your drug-induced haze, most things do) but cell phone dealers are not required to carry an alarm license.

You're igoring (verb form of "ignoralt") the fact that the Illinois law specifiec work done at the customer's premises. They specifically exclude work done at the company's office.

Actually, when I left CT there was a Repugnican named John Rowland residing in the governor's mansion. He has since been errrm, relocated by the federal authorities to a more suitable residence in Danbury, CT.

What makes you think...? Hmm, no. Scratch that. Thinking isn't part of your skill set.

If they did and I for some reason wanted to live there I would. However, I don't live in Illinois and even if I did they still don't require a license to sell online.

I don't know either ot them well enough to be sure that is true but if it is, I can't help it if they don't provide any service. Come to think of it, you don't know them either.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

There's no need for them to beg. Please try to be more respectful of them. After all, they are the only protection the good people of Illinois have from umm, you.

Actually, they do. If you had bothered to read the statute, which I posted here, you would see that.

This entire meta-thread is based on the hypothetical situation of a vendor going to Illinois to set up an online store.

I did and you are. Any questions?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Interesting claim. I was fully licensed in CT when I moved to Florida. Politics had nothing to do with my decision though.

Someone made a stupid comparison of Illinois law. I quoted from current Illinois statute (which you snipped and claimed was outdated) to show that the poster is wrong. Illinois had no such requirement.

What's your point, moron? I moved from CT where I held an E1 alarm contractor's license because I ran an alarm company there plus an online store.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

The quote is from the current Illinois statute. Instead of lying about it, try looking it up yourself, idiot.

Bullfrank!

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Odds are I'm already selling more in a day than you do in a week.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.