TELGUARD TG1express with panel sending 4+2 20PPS format...

RE: TELGUARD TG1-express with panel sending 4+2 20PPS format...

We are attempting to connect Telguard TG1-express cdma to a DSC 5010 panel sending 4+2 20pps format.

TG1-express specs state that it will work with 4+2 20pps signals (also 10pp s and 40pps).

TG1-express's kissoff tone to the panel seems to be incorrectly timed or of f-freq... with result that the DSC panel does not shut down after transmitt ing first 2 rounds... instead it sends 6 more rounds, hangs up then redials 7 more times... resulting in 32 identical alarm signals delivered by Telgu ard to the monitoring station for each panel trip.

Yes, 'if' the DSC lockout code were known, could change DSC panel format to CID or SIA. Don't want to default, and reprogram, the panel.

Very nice folks at Telguard are working on this as we await...

Has any other dealer experienced this, or similar Telguard issue? And how w as it resolved?

Thx, 911

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

l sending 4+2 20pps format.

pps and 40pps).

off-freq... with result that the DSC panel does not shut down after transmi tting first 2 rounds... instead it sends 6 more rounds, hangs up then redia ls 7 more times... resulting in 32 identical alarm signals delivered by Tel guard to the monitoring station for each panel trip.

to CID or SIA. Don't want to default, and reprogram, the panel.

was it resolved?

Reply to
Kevin Ray

Reply to
Rocky T. Squirrel

o do, but try to send it to a different receiver or line card at the centr al station.

nel sending 4+2 20pps format.

10pps and 40pps).

r off-freq... with result that the DSC panel does not shut down after trans mitting first 2 rounds... instead it sends 6 more rounds, hangs up then red ials 7 more times... resulting in 32 identical alarm signals delivered by T elguard to the monitoring station for each panel trip.

t to CID or SIA. Don't want to default, and reprogram, the panel.

ow was it resolved?

Reply to
returnpathblocked

Hi All, and thank you for your suggestions so far...

More on this:

Because it is the TG1express itself which provides the 'kissoff' to the panel (and not the receiver itself), don't think a change of receiver numbers would fix the problem.

Yes, sometimes Telguard technical needs to 'lock' the TG1express to look for the non-CID format signals, as is suggested. And, in our present situation, has been tried and not fixed the problem.

Reply to

pps and 40pps).

off-freq... with result that the DSC panel does not shut down after transmi tting first 2 rounds... instead it sends 6 more rounds, hangs up then redia ls 7 more times... resulting in 32 identical alarm signals delivered by Tel guard to the monitoring station for each panel trip.

was it resolved?

Huh...If you were onsite and could reprogram the 5010, in that you had the ability to at least default it (it was not locked out of the ability to be defaulted) and you left and have had to go back and forth with tech support to get it to work, and you are spending more time trying to figure it out, ,, I don't know, but if it was me, I would have defaulted it then and there . It is not that long to program... a lot less than driving away and having to come back at all. Just saying... I know a 5010 is a bit longer than a n ewer DSC... I would not bother with any more headaches in trying to make th is work unless you have a whole lot of 5010's to do. Just trying to bring a little clarity. Not trying to be smart.

Reply to
E Dawson

pps and 40pps).

was it resolved?

Telguard seems to have issues with 4/2 from DSC panels, With the older 1550 /2550 You had to play with the different 4/2 settings and it still may not work but you don't have that option with the 5010

Why you would want to send 4/2 when you could easily switch it to CID is be yond me

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.